Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Test on Wet Sand at Daytona Beach

ColonelDan

I'm relatively new to the Deus and still testing it in differing environments. This past week, I tested it on very wet sand at Daytona Beach.

The Wet Beach program is surprisingly stable and sensitive. I buried a coin about 10" deep in VERY wet sand right at the tide line. The Deus sounded off.. No question about hitting a target. The only falsing was when I hit or touched the coil on the sand. I couldn't sweep the coil directly on the sand as I can with my Excal II.

A more experienced Deus user advised me to notch out the range causing the falsing and it should be OK. Haven't tried that yet but will next time.

Not being a multi-frequency machine like the Excalibur, I'm very pleasantly surprised at how stable the Deus was on our Florida beaches......it performed very well in my opinion except for when I hit the coil on the sand that is. Now our beaches are currently very sanded in and the number of "depositors" is down significantly but I did find a few clad and some very small paper thin shards of metal at depths of 8-10".

In short, I've validated the test in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_853518&feature=iv&src_vid=qK4fOrSV080&v=DD5RNI1xcSY

Anybody else try a similar test on very wet saltwater beaches?

Definitely use Ground Notch, it will solve your problems.

OK use the ground notch, but what do you notch out, since what you are hearing is the coil hit the wet sand..................