Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus V.3, Dry Beach loose sand

Des D

Hi all,

Was searching a few beaches past weeks...was doing very well with a multi-freq unit but the weight bothered me a tad.
Switched to a Deus with V.3 loaded. Didn't do well at all.
Stopping and doing some Tests it was clear that it was missing small coins 'on-edge' as many coins were as they don't always lay flat when dropped onto loose sand.
I'm not 'a newbie' to this model, have been with it since it was introduced several years ago.
But, it was clear, "Dry Beach" wasn't up to the task - for SMALL coins. Had any rings been "passed across" I'm confident they would have been found.

Was thinking about using "Goldfield"...

Anyone have success with this mode?
How do you guys set-up for dry sand?

Good Hunting

Des D

Goldfield should work well for that as long as the sand is dry and you don't get close to the seawater. The dry sand program uses 8kHz...try changing to 18 kHz and use reactivity at 1 or 2 for the deep targets. Higher frequencies will make the smaller targets standout better...good luck!

Operation was improved by running in Basic 1 & 2...
Adjust all settings manually...ran in 7.8Khz
Found a lot of coinage...only trouble is a ****load of beer bottle tops rang 'beautifully'

Gave a Tek Europro a run and NO bottletops!

Deus users can work around bottlecap with a few tricks, but XP definitely needs to find a solution to the bottlecap problem--it's a time (and ground) killer.

One problem in Dry Beach program is the ground filter at 4. This almost reliable suppresses the evil rusty bottlecaps, but will also reduce the overall sensibility and depth for other stuff.
Not such a big issue, if your coins are in the upper part of the ground, but if these got deeper, you may miss them.
So it's your choice - detecting less trash and less coins or upping both.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Bottle caps on the beach is not a real problem. Scooping is easy anyways...and...I've found the drinkers also tend to be losers..especially of the goodies.

I liked the V2.0 Dry Beach program better. I use a modified Basic 1 which I've tuned up to respond to gold better using my two calibration rings (14K at 1.5g and 14K at 5g).

I set the silencer wheere coins and rings sound the sweetest (to my ears) and it was something like 2 or 3.

Joe (California)

If I'm in dry sand. Andy's basic coin program works very well.
Anything similar to factory "basic one" you'll do great. Get near the water? That's were you'll have to change and accept some chatter. The good targets WILL stand out.

In Germany its an issue, since the target ID for bottle caps and Euro coins are almost identical.
And digging 20 bottle caps for one Euro or Cent coin is not so pleasant, not even on sand beach.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

I'll keep at it and change all programs / settings etc.
There are at least 8 weeks of summertime losses to find and I'll report back on what settings prove to be ' the best'

Enjoy the Summer AND, "Happy 4th" today!

Des D

There's a good write-up on the Deus w/11" coil in the August edition of "the Searcher".
The author refers to a few points that might help beach use, dry sand etc.

Des D said:
There's a good write-up on the Deus w/11" coil in the August edition of "the Searcher".
The author refers to a few points that might help beach use, dry sand etc.

Anypalce to get copy of the article otehr than sub to the mag?

At first I tried different programs but the one that works best for me is basic 1 and 2. You will pick up alot of junk but, I have found more stuff with out any false readings. Then just pick through and clean the sand.

If you're running with the silencer 2 or higher the machine will miss most coins on edge. I like reactivity 2 and -1 silencer if it's not to noisy.