Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus V2.0 last years finds

kevinmi

I don't post a lot here on the forum although I do come here every day to read the posts. I bought my Deus last spring about a year ago right now. When I buy a new detector I like to put my old ones in the closet and focus on learning my new one as well as possible so when my new Deus came in I did just that. In the beginning I dug a lot of holes that had iron as my prize but after a while I learned the differences in the sound of the target. I questioned depth until I dug a large cent at 14 inches. My point is, it takes time to learn a new machine, I've been digging for 30 years and most all of the good ones are that way. Last night I was reading the posts about V3.0 and I have to say I am as excited as the next guy to try it out, but if its August before it gets here so be it. The Deus is an awesome machine, fast in iron, good depth and it is well built. If in fact the V3.0 upgrade does not cost us anything why not be patient? Xp does not owe us an upgrade. I appreciate the fact that there is one coming and it may make an awesome machine even better. SO last night I was reading some of the posts complaining about the upgrade taking so long, I read Andy's responses and others and I got to thinking "I wonder how I did over the last year" compared to prior years. I keep a record of what I found and where and have been doing so for the last 5 years. Last year my finds were up 12% over my previous best year. That says something for the Deus V2.0...here are 2 pictures of those finds from last year. The pics don't include wheats and mercs. Not a bad year for the Deus. Any of you that are interested in selling that Deus V2.0 machine feel free to pm me. Thanks for looking

Seriously though . . . . . amazing finds Kevin and a great year with some finds to be proud of for sure!

Learning the machine is the trick for any detector and the Deus is no exception . . . . . but once you understand what it is telling you, it can do some amazing things and when you add the lack of weight and the wireless capabilities, it makes for a super package.

Can't wait to see what you have posted come this time next year!

Andy Sabisch

Thanks for sharing and inspiring us. I agree with your V2/V3 thoughts. I am happy now and may be even more happy later. I have tried a lot of detectors but still feel the Deus brings a lot to the table.

Don
HH

Kevin, you stay away from my neck of Michigan....Grin. All I can say is WOW.
While I have also made some fantastic finds in the fields, nothing like your pile. I seldom share finds online anymore.
The pile of silver and gold I dug last year came at a price just like you mentioned, but in 3 months I paid for my Deus V2.0.

You appear to have some great sites to search. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm out on the hunt today.
I see some farmers are starting to turn the soil in the area. So much area and so little time....

Don the deus is an awesome machine. Come up n we'll go diggin. Ism good luck today I'm going out too. Yes the are plowing trying to stay ahead of the plow is a challenge. What part of Michigan are you from?

I agree with you Kevin and congratulations on last years finds, you have definitely researched some good spots.

Nice looking pile! I agree I will be excited like a kid on Christmas morning to try V3, but I sure ain't gunna park the V2 because 3 isn't out yet!

Kevin, I'm in the Ann Arbor area. Lots of places to hunt, it seems that I pick the poor homesteads that had owners with strong pockets.
I have been focusing on two places close to me that I got permission for last year. Two LC's this year, oldest coin yet (1811) in really bad shape, few IH's and Canadian 1/2 penny.
No silver....These people out here hated losing silver.

Ism they hated losing it here too. I dug a few mercs that are not in that pic but overall didn't dig much silver last year. I did get 3 half dimes and a silver 3 cent. Too bad that 11 lc is crusty. Terry we are gonna hit it hard for the next month before they plant.