Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus vs Equinox on small gold

Charles (Upstate NY)

After 17 years with ML Explorers and getting too old to swing Minelab's 5 pound machines its time to upgrade. I purchased a Deus recently and already placed an order for an Equinox I'll own both. The Deus and Equinox will become my primary beach hunting machines, replacing my Excalibur and Explorer SE Pro. I'll be after small gold the Explorer even maxed out can't get a signal on.

Here are the small gold test results for the Deus at 54kHz, I'll be running the same test on the Equinox when it arrives.

dg1.jpg

dg2.jpg

I would think the Deus would pick up the smallest nuggets due to it having the highest frequencies. But the speed of the Equinox is supposed to be faster and i suspect depth.
Roll on the release.

Yes this is my biggest concern. The E-Trac was never good on small odd shaped gold. I just hope that is not the case with the Equinox.

You notice there have been no tests shown on tiny gold yet? :cringe:

The 40 khts freq will get many targets and it does have prospecting mode.

Nuke em said:
I would think the Deus would pick up the smallest nuggets due to it having the highest frequencies. But the speed of the Equinox is supposed to be faster and i suspect depth.
Roll on the release.

You should remember that the faster the recovery the less the depth. I never run my Deus at max recovery but at the slowest that will get the job done. It will be the same for the Nox. It's just physics.

CZconnoisseur said:
I wonder if any of the offset frequencies will hit the gold better - which 54kHz program did you run?

Notch 00-00
Disc 0.0
Full Tones
Sens 90
TX Power 2
Frequency 54kHz
Iron Volume 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio Response 4
Audio Overload 1
ID Normalization N/A on HF coils