Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus was on fire first full day at hammered CW relic site :hot:

Ray-Mo.

Was able to meet up with several guys for a full day of relic hunting at a 40 acre hay field site that has been hit hard for many years with a large group hunt even arranged a few years ago . Had found a few relics and a 1861 dime and half dime with the CTX a few weeks back . Decided to just stick with the Deus and 11" coil yesterday and see what it could do .

Boy am I impressed with the results not to mention swinging a featherweight machine all day was a delight . The halfdime had nails in with it as you can see by the rust stains and the 1861 quarter was directly under a small square nail by about 3" . Several relics were found by all with 2 CTX users and 2 AT Pro users . Two other halfdimes were dug as well both being a first for each finder making it just that much more exciting .

What are the odds of digging 2 halfdimes a dime and a quarter at at the same site and them all being dated 1861 . Of course it helps that most of the activity was in the winter of 1861 but still .......

I was in the factory relic mode with the only changes being bumping sensitivity up to a sparky 95 and manual ground balanced at around 78 most of the time . I did use the Deus for a couple of hours at same site last week and found a nice eagle button and fired 3 ringer not pictured . This site has a ton of very rusted square nails covering a large portion of it but the Deus handled them very well for me . Still on cloud nine today:detecting: , Ray .

The half dime was only about 4" in iron and the quarter was 8" + and the ID was in 70's on half dime and 90's on quarter . I find all deeper targets including bullets will up average a lot . Even small lead and aluminum will give high numbers at fringe depths .
Goodmore, I was quite excited to flip the quarter out after removing one nail and expecting possibly another lol . Had two guys watch me dig it and they were excited for me as well :thumbup:

Nice finds ray, very nice... It's nice to see another DEUS clean up job! I love this detector

Ray, nice coins. Looks like you have a good early site. Have you found any better bullets? 69s are definitely a sign of a early 1861 camp here in MO. We have been lucky that we have had enough rain to be able to get out and dig this summer, as long as you can find a area that has had the grass cut for us. Good hunting, Mark