Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus WS5 setup on it's way

Never expected to own one due to it being far out of my price range but I won one in a raffle. Got the package with the WS5 headphones, remote, and 9 inch coil. I ordered Andy Sabisch's book and watched all of Gary's videos on youtube. The detector looks like a beast. Does anyone know of any other must-read resources I should be looking at or any tips for a beginner on this machine. I have owned several different machines but none with this amount of control. I mostly hunt old parks and most are littered with modern foil and iron trash between 1-3 inches down.

[video]https://youtu.be/N2EImlQcvCQ[/video] Garys videos are the best i watched them twice before mine came. Congrats on the raffle win Ive been shooting videos too. actually got one shooting some coins with full tones and how the deus acts in the test garden. Mine are basically how to videos using Garys sifter program.I think the video I posted might interest you its kinda in the same setting you will be hunting.

Here is a great site with excellent explanations on the Deus as well as other helpful articles.

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/index.shtml

HighPlainsHunter said:
Here is a great site with excellent explanations on the Deus as well as other helpful articles.

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/index.shtml
wouldnt load high plains drifter on my computer.

I think thats because it violates forum rules . no links to other forums.

HighPlainsHunter said:
bschifferdecker said:
Dead link for me too

Looks like the site name is being blocked. Here it is spelled out. There are no spaces in the name.

metal detecting world dot com is what you want...
Thank you

Getting used to it. Used it for about 3 hours at a park I hunt often. Spent awhile fiddling until I got a program that I liked. No real great finds yet but I did find a couple clad coins on edge 5 or so inches down which impressed me. I have only pulled one silver coin from this park in 7 months of hunting it and that was a half dollar at 10 inches so hopefully with time and practice the park will reveal more. I read some things in Andy's book last night that I feel will help me out next time out. I like not having any wires, being able to fold it in and carry it to the park, the batteries still say fully charged after 3 hours, and man is it easy to swing.

If you need some more help send off a PM to Andy or myself. Gary's videos are great resource. Just remember that the presets on the machine are designed more for hunting in Europe. They are great starting points but need some tweaking for us here in the states. Let us know where you are located at and what kind of hunting you are doing and we can help you with settings as well.

Charlene Sabisch

Treasure Hunting Outfitters

www.treasurehuntingoutfitters.com

“Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!”

We will program your XP with programs for hunting in your area.