Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus XP: Conductivity Numbers for US Coins

akelley

Very good demonstration of the Deus, hope too see the actual field hunting videos soon as possible.:detecting:

Thanks Alex.
You are the only guy in the USA doing this type of analysis with the Deus and I applaud you.
The best test will be to mark a 50x50 area and detect it in a solid up and down and side by side grid pattern with the E-Trac and drop a yellow chip on each dig-able signal, then with the Deus and drop a red chip on each dig-able signal - even if it's the same as the E-Trac. Then dig it all and see what each one hit or missed.

If I was on your coast - I would definitely help you out on that project.

Barry

I recall seeing a minelab produced video doing a similar test (not with the Deus mind you). Let me look into this; could be a fun and informative video to make.

Cheers,
-Alex

Alex,
I saw your unpacking video also. You have a flair for making good informative videos. As far as trash over the dime, I would like to see the results of the iron over the dime with a 2 inch gap. The results should be different but if not, then I'm a believer. Was the average depth of detection comparable with other high end detectors? Thanks for any feedback.

Randy

Ism said:
Alex,
I saw your unpacking video also. You have a flair for making good informative videos. As far as trash over the dime, I would like to see the results of the iron over the dime with a 2 inch gap. The results should be different but if not, then I'm a believer. Was the average depth of detection comparable with other high end detectors? Thanks for any feedback.

Randy

Oops, I saw the comparison videos on youtube....that question is answered.

Nice video. If you shoot another, can you turn your iron nail 90 degrees or put the nail slightly above and to the side (IE. on an upside down Dixie cup)? All modern detectors I've used will hear that dime like you've shown it especially if it's on top and touching. Also, what's your experience with these targets at depth? Do you still get 94 on a quarter at 8"?

Shambler said:
Nice video. If you shoot another, can you turn your iron nail 90 degrees or put the nail slightly above and to the side (IE. on an upside down Dixie cup)? All modern detectors I've used will hear that dime like you've shown it especially if it's on top and touching. Also, what's your experience with these targets at depth? Do you still get 94 on a quarter at 8"?

Yes I'm going to try that and film the results. Stay tuned.

-Alex

Ism said:
Alex,
Was the average depth of detection comparable with other high end detectors? Thanks for any feedback.

Randy

I've taken it out three times now, and spent the majority of my time filming. I've dug some pretty deep signals, but unfortunately junk. Here's one video that gives me hope that this machine will match the depth of my E-Trac. He has several other videos as well.

Here's another video from Gaz (I believe he's a Findmall forum member) that was helpful when I was researching the Deus XP [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36H3Dy0qUl4[/video]

Cheers,
-Alex

Come on Alex - we are all depending on you to show us if the Deus is worth the $$ or we stick with our E-Tracs.
We need you out there detecting, filming and reporting on the results...

I believe the Deus is supposed to be a better machine in the freshly plowed fields where there is a lot of fluff (I've heard from many E-Trac users that Minelab's prefer compacted ground) and in very iron infested sites where the fast recovery speed helps....but it's all here say until you, as an owner of both, show us the test results.

Thanks again.

barryny said:
Come on Alex - we are all depending on you to show us if the Deus is worth the $$ or we stick with our E-Tracs.
We need you out there detecting, filming and reporting on the results...

I believe the Deus is supposed to be a better machine in the freshly plowed fields where there is a lot of fluff (I've heard from many E-Trac users that Minelab's prefer compacted ground) and in very iron infested sites where the fast recovery speed helps....but it's all here say until you, as an owner of both, show us the test results.

Thanks again.

All I have to do is quit my day job. Hmm . . . tempting!

This video about the Xp deus is very nice: http://vimeo.com/8442040 I think it is very capable machine.:surprised:

Iam pleased to see that you guys are talking about the Deus as it deserves more praise than its received to date.

XP are a small company that have produced a cordless super-lightweight quality product filling a void in the market.

We are waiting for the other big time manufactures to play catch-up and Iam surprised that they having fallen behind in the 21st century.

I have used many machines over the years and Iam a Minelab nut but XP have given myself and others the really lightweight product that we need and are willing to pay for.Jerry.