Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deus xp first outing

jojogunn

Hi
I am new to this hobby and have an interest in history.
Got my xp deus today. Excited about going out on my first hunt this weekend.
Would like to know if anyone has some starting tips or advice about using thie detector.
Has been raining for the last few weeks so ground is very moist. I will be detecting on a large
grass and wooded common piece of land that has an old 19th century fort nearby.
Thanks and happy hunting to all of you.
Jojo.

Welcome and congrats on getting an XP Deus. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Lots of info posted, so have fun.

Hi Jojo, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new machine. The Deus is a fantastic machine and I am sure you will do great with it. If I had any tips for you it would be to start out in basic 1 or 2 and ground balance before you start detecting. Also, make sure you ground balance away from any metal or trashy ground. There is not too much to know about the Deus to get started. This is an easy machine to pick up and all you need to do is invest the time and the finds will come. I wish you a great first hunt this weekend and please share your coming finds with us. If you have any questions, we are always here to help. HH -Marc