Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus1 vs. Legend?

I've got alot of time on the deus 1 , pretty much since they came out..And I remember digging tons of good sounding park trash , getting frustrated and leaving.. now I'm better with the d1 but even so I'll take the Legend hands down for parks or yards over the deus.. Fields and dig it all scenario I'll take the deus 1,, anything else the Legend beats it like a red headed stepchild.
The Legend is easily set and forget , not hard at all to setup..as far as the newer machines out, I don't think any are better than the legend.

Last edited:
I kept my Deus 1 and let go of the Legend. For me it just seems to do better in a lot of iron, and I'm so used to using it, and have all the coils. Love the HF coils and the range of Frequencies. It's a gold magnet. The Legend is a fantastic detector, now, after all the updates. I would have kept it but I have too many detectors, Deus 1, Deus II, Manticore, Sovereign GT, and GPX 5000. Each has their own place for the environment you're hunting in.
If you are looking for a new detector, SMF, I would recommend the NEW Legend with the latest firmware, updated shaft and coil, very nice. They've gone a long ways since they first came out. Very exceptional detector for the price. It definitely seems to be equal to the 800, if not even more so. Most definitely better build quality.

I kept my Deus 1 and let go of the Legend. For me it just seems to do better in a lot of iron, and I'm so used to using it, and have all the coils. Love the HF coils and the range of Frequencies. It's a gold magnet. The Legend is a fantastic detector, now, after all the updates. I would have kept it but I have too many detectors, Deus 1, Deus II, Manticore, Sovereign GT, and GPX 5000. Each has their own place for the environment you're hunting in.
If you are looking for a new detector, SMF, I would recommend the NEW Legend with the latest firmware, updated shaft and coil, very nice. They've gone a long ways since they first came out. Very exceptional detector for the price. It definitely seems to be equal to the 800, if not even more so. Most definitely better build quality.
How do you like the 5000 ?
I'm tossed between the Axiom and the 5000.
Will it find small gold pickers ?
With the new 3×6 Snake coil on my GT.
I'm hoping it does well on gold too.

The GPX 5000 has so many different coils to choose from. From the Sadie to elliptical Eclipse coils for pickers, especially the mid size spiral wound ones, to the larger 18" Concentric for the larger stuff. It's just so versatile.
Also has some iron reject capabilities with some of the coils, and I even have an anti- interference coil for the real bad EMI areas. Great machine to use on the beach away from the water, if the beach doesn't have much trash.
If you have as many coils as what I do, then the GPX 5000 is worth holding onto. I probably have as much in coils as I do in the detector itself, which is really crazy.
I know that you can even find small Pickers even using an Equinox 800 with the 6" coil at shallower depths, and I think the same is probably true if you have the later Legend with the small coil, even though I have never used the legend for that, but I have heard some stories about it.
Now The Sovereign GT is not good for finding real small gold even using the snake coil, but It will do quite well in trashy sites, and will hit small gold rings and Jewelry, not small gold chains though.
I've heard some good things about the Axiom detector, but I have no personal experience using one, but yes, it was made for hitting small nuggets to larger ones.
I hunt mainly small gold jewelry with the Deus I, but it would not be my detector of choice if I was looking for Pickers. I would much rather use the GPX 5000 for that. The GPX 4500 is also a very good nugget hunting machine. Just like the Gold Bug 2 is a great nugget hunter.