Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:devil: Haunted Pro-Pointer's ? :devil: :yikes:

Crispy Critter

I just recently returned a brand new Pro-Pointer because It was always sounding off on it's own accord. Not sure if Garrett repaired or replaced it but the replacement is starting to do the same thing? Works okay but sometimes and for no good reason, it just starts signalling in rapid succession! I have to turn it off and then back on again to make it stop. I do make sure that it's neither a piece of rogue metal or my detector causing the problem. Could my new pinpointer be haunted? Maybe I'm haunted (I'm only 46)?

Has anyone else experianced this issue? I had one a couple of years back and never had a problem with it.

I guess I'll have to return it again but dang, this is beginning to be one costly pinpointer.

Thanks and HH-CC

Orion42 said:
Have you tried a fresh battery yet?

John
No, I have not. The battery that is in it now has less than an hour use on it. According to the invoice from Garrett, it's one of the thing's mentioned as being replaced. To me. it looked like they sent a whole new unit though. Maybe not.

I'll try a new battery but I really don't think that that's the problem because it sounds off and vibrates just fine.

Thanks for the reply. CC

If you leave it on for an extended period, it often times becomes unstable and starts to sound off. I turn mine on only when needed, and have found over 15,000 coins with mine.

This may be a long shot but are you holding in a hand with a ring on? I set mine off when I gripped it up the shaft a bit probing a hole.

Sailorman, no ring involved. thanks though.

John, you might be on to something because when it does happen, it is turned on and laying beside the target hole while I'm digging or checking out a find which is quite unlike the first time I returned it for repair. Then, it was sounding off all the time. Just moving it, would cause it to sound off. Haven't experianced that problem since I got it back from repair.

Thanks for the help. CC

Dr. Quarterhorse is IN............:rofl:

I don't believe your :garrett: ProPointer is "hainted."

Maybe you have Haemochromatosis.....and the :garrett: ProPointer is just diagnosing it when you hold it in your hand.:yikes:

You can pay up front.......:rofl:

Next patient

QH

quarterhorse said:

Maybe you have Haemochromatosis.....and the :garrett: ProPointer is just diagnosing it when you hold it in your hand.:yikes:

Next patient

QH

Thanks Doc.......I think :tongue:

I always put a piece of tape or a sticker inside the battery compartment...That way I can tell if I get the same one back or not...Unless they remove it that is....

HH,

GoGoGopher said:
I always put a piece of tape or a sticker inside the battery compartment...That way I can tell if I get the same one back or not...Unless they remove it that is....

HH,
Good idea GGG :thumbup:

n/t

I just HAD to google that...Funny...lol

HH

quarterhorse said:

Next patient

QH

My other suggestion is that seeing as how the Pro Pointer uses a drop in battery...Make sure the tabs are not squished or flattened and are indeed making good contact with the battery. If not your detector may be constantly turning off and on and retuning itself...I would go psycho on this myself after awhile...

HH

Iron overload is bad for any detector or pinpointer good look with yours

Haven't hunted since the last time it happened but I'm hoping that John was right-on with his reply......."If you leave it on for an extended period, it often times becomes unstable and starts to sound off"....
Each time it happened, the pinpointer was laying on the ground and turned on while I was digging. I didn't shut it off before I started digging. It's good to have all these other suggestion's to keep in mind though.....just in case.

Thanks for the replie's-CC

:rofl:I had one doing the same thing... Garrett replaced it ..so far new one is fine..

It just started beeping all on it's own .. DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO LOL- wonder what's wrong with them...????

Elton said:
:rofl:I had one doing the same thing... Garrett replaced it ..so far new one is fine..

It just started beeping all on it's own .. DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO LOL- wonder what's wrong with them...????

They're haunted I tell ya........HAUNTED! LOL!

Crispy Critter said:
Haven't hunted since the last time it happened but I'm hoping that John was right-on with his reply......."If you leave it on for an extended period, it often times becomes unstable and starts to sound off"....
Each time it happened, the pinpointer was laying on the ground and turned on while I was digging. I didn't shut it off before I started digging. It's good to have all these other suggestion's to keep in mind though.....just in case.

Thanks for the replie's-CC

It is as common as "death in Texas" ;-) I wouldn't worry a bit about it. martin