Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DF Experiment

cjc

Ive been meaning to try a PI Diver coil on my DF and finally did so. This coil sounded great and hit an in-air tester band at 17-18". It ran sounding great at full Gain. I really believe that this is one of the best PI coils made especially if you hunt fast water or black sand. I hear so many complaining about the buoyancy of the stock DF coil--this is shaping up to be a great alternative. As well. these small PI coils let you do a lot of things in tough conditions. It also had a lot less rattle than a stock DF coil.--which could never be run full up Gain.
cjc.

Good job Clive! Did you adjust the dumping resistor? Not sure about DF inductance but it might be a slight difference between coil's uH. Did you test it in the water?

Also, what is a pi diver coil?
Do you see a major difference between the DF and Pi pro as they have very similar design.

above my pay grade...
didn't test in water ended up putting the coil on a Cuda--know they are great there.
cjc