Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX

jhettel

I am an avid relic hunter. I bought a DFX and used it for about a year. My main problem is that whenever it bumps into anything it beeps. I am using the Whites 12 inch search coil. I set the machine up as many do, AC to about 70; gain up to 3 and all the other tweaks. I have turned both the ac sensitivity down and the gain down to 2 and it still gives false readings. This would not be a problem if I was coin hunting in a nice park where there is not much to bump into, I could then turn both gain and ac up, but in the woods it is so irritating that I no longer use the DFX.

I am not new to this hobby. My first detector was a Relco Frontiersman which I bought about 1971. I have used the Whites; Fisher; Garrett; King Cobra; Teknetics Coin Computer; Tesoro to name a few. I have been to DFX forums and tried other peoples settings but I still have the problem and my friend who also has a DFX had the same problem and eventually sold his DFX.

n/t

I've been using my DFX for over 2 years for strictly Jewelry hunting at Park's and Beach's and I always bump into stuff and My DFX never beeps ?

But if I get near Large metal (Large swing set) or power lines my DFX acts up, But all my other VLF detectors also do To. In fact out of all my VLF detectors that I have owned the DFX has been the most stable of them all.

Sounds like a bad winding in the coil for sure. Those tolerances between the windings are TIGHT and one bad clip or component.......see about getting a replacement. Good luck.