Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Dialling in" A detector

The Coin Magician

I have seen a lot of video's where the hunter (pay streak super freak) keeps rattling on about settings and "dialling in" detectors , spending time fiddling about with settings is in my opinion
mostly a complete waste of time. I find thousands of coins with only making 3 basic adjustments . 1 Ground Balance. 2 Sensitivity and 3 Proper Frequency for the targets i desire on that given hunt.
I think all the rest of the ever increasing amount of settings that are on detectors these days are there for user preference , i don't think they make you find more is what i am trying to say. Time stood fiddling around tweeking numbers is time that could be spent scanning for finds. ADD all the wasted minutes up adjusting settings over the year and your loosing hours of detecting time per year. Just my opinion by the way , everyone has different methods of detecting.

I use the XP DEUS #9 Hot I switched it to full tones Disc a 10 everything else is default setting I made it #11 HOT2
I turn it on .. No speaker .I updated to Version 6 so I can use WSAudio HP I push the HP on And detect buddy is still trying to get the NOX HP to pair up.. Only thing I will change is the freq and that depends on EMI
I use the 9.5x5" HF coil

One of PayStreak video he is mad because Jim has found 3 jewelry and he is trying to GUESS how it set his detector to work in his HOT (lol) soil .... He has no idea ..HUMM he was a tester for White's .. Where is White's now

Say you are hitting small nails at a 45 id......on some detectors, there are ferrous numbers also....so a 45 nail reading 32 ferrous and 45 conductive can be disc'd out by discriminating the nail ferrous id of 31-45.....now there are no more nails sounding off at 45 conduct but you are still getting a silver dime at 1 to 31 ferrous and a 45 conduct.

The nail is no longer detected at 45 but all coins coming in at 45 are still being detected. Dialing in your detector in the field to accept a target with a 45 conduct and reject another target with a 45 conduct using the ferrous side of the targets id.

If you are digging the same target over and over, some detectors can eliminate it and as you said even with a frequency change.....is actually dialing in your detector.

I use the XP DEUS #9 Hot I switched it to full tones Disc a 10 everything else is default setting I made it #11 HOT2
I turn it on .. No speaker .I updated to Version 6 so I can use WSAudio HP I push the HP on And detect buddy is still trying to get the NOX HP to pair up.. Only thing I will change is the freq and that depends on EMI
I use the 9.5x5" HF coil

One of PayStreak video he is mad because Jim has found 3 jewelry and he is trying to GUESS how it set his detector to work in his HOT (lol) soil .... He has no idea ..HUMM he was a tester for White's .. Where is White's now
Yes i agree totally with you. Jewelry jim out hunts paystreak on most hunts, the others who have joined up with paystreak and jim are novices with much less detecting experience than pay streak but they are getting much more than paystreak finds on some hunts :lmfao: 4 guys hunting a patch means there is a 75% less chance of hitting that Gold Ring too. I cant wait for the day one of latest 2 hunters who joined up with paystreak and jim hit that 2000$ Gold ring that would have been paystreaks, it will happen i guarantee it. Not that i dislike paystreak i like him but he is flawed with his digging out virtually every bit of metal on that park , he will finish up with repetitive strain injury or some thing similar , he must dig 1000 holes a day some days.

Lmao.......I see so many people standing in fields fiddling with settings and none of them really know if it's is improving things or not.Problem for most folks is if they aren't finding anything they think changing a setting will miraculously make things happen for them,many of these adjustments make things worse.I'm one for keeping things simple and not bothering with all these high tech machines with hundreds of programs and settings.........the only people these really benefit are the marketing men.😁

I have seen a lot of video's where the hunter (pay streak super freak) keeps rattling on about settings and "dialling in" detectors , spending time fiddling about with settings is in my opinion
mostly a complete waste of time. I find thousands of coins with only making 3 basic adjustments . 1 Ground Balance. 2 Sensitivity and 3 Proper Frequency for the targets i desire on that given hunt.
I think all the rest of the ever increasing amount of settings that are on detectors these days are there for user preference , i don't think they make you find more is what i am trying to say. Time stood fiddling around tweeking numbers is time that could be spent scanning for finds. ADD all the wasted minutes up adjusting settings over the year and your loosing hours of detecting time per year. Just my opinion by the way , everyone has different methods of detecting.
I agree with your statement....

I think everyone enjoys hobbies differently.
Some people just like to fiddle with everything.
Some people just like simplicity, push a button and done
Some people like finding many different targets
Some people like finding one target and analyzing it many ways
Manufacturers make money on the fiddlers

Some ramble on and fiddle around while others are finding treasure.

What is your go to sensitivity setting?
Tony

I just figure if a person has been detecting for 20 + years , then they have learned the way to hunt that works best for them.
Someone telling them they are not detecting right may cause a commotion and do more damage then good.
Thats my point there is no right or wrong way, just do whatever makes you happy and no right or wrong detector, swing whatever makes you happy 😁