Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diamond ring that is stamped 925 ????????

Jim Robertson

Has anyone ever found a diamond ring that was 925?? Was the diamond real?? Thanks

One of my favorite ring finds was a 1kt CZ on 925. MUCH prettier/sparklier than any diamond could be.
But no, I've not found even a synthetic diamond on 925.

I have a couple with mostly diamond chips or small stones. One belt buckle ring I have is stamped 925, but also has other hallmarks inside that I have never found the meaning, the other has numbers and letters besides the 925. Both checked positive for diamonds From what I've seen posted on other MD forums, it's not that unusual these days.

A couple years ago I found a beautiful 14K ring with a main stone of at least one carat and 18 smaller stones on the split shank. Diamond tester said it was a diamond. Took it to a jewelry store and the young lady tested it and proclaimed that it was a real diamond and very high quality.

Happened to be in a jewelry store in another state and showed it to the jeweler. He tested it for a diamond and it tested positive. He then tested it for Moissanite and it tested positive for moissanite. Had it checked by another jeweler and she also proclaimed that it was Moissanite.

Both of the Jewelers said "Well you do have some value in the gold".

So diamond testers are not always telling the truth.

925 is usually a silver designation isn't it?? Trusting results are another test for sure. Covet your find and just take it for what it means to you. John

Yes, I found a silver/diamond ring in chest deep water couple of years ago, diamond tested real, they certainly do exist....HH

I found a mens Tungsten carbide (Triton) with sterling insert and 9 diamonds.
They do sometimes mount diamonds in silver as you can not channel set diamonds in tungsten carbide rings.

I purchased new 925 stud earings with diamond chips for my wife... i have found many many 925 earings at freshwater beach but dont recall any of them testing positive for diamonds. ..

Some but only this very small stones and chips.

GeorgeinSC said:
A couple years ago I found a beautiful 14K ring with a main stone of at least one carat and 18 smaller stones on the split shank. Diamond tester said it was a diamond. Took it to a jewelry store and the young lady tested it and proclaimed that it was a real diamond and very high quality.

Happened to be in a jewelry store in another state and showed it to the jeweler. He tested it for a diamond and it tested positive. He then tested it for Moissanite and it tested positive for moissanite. Had it checked by another jeweler and she also proclaimed that it was Moissanite.

Both of the Jewelers said "Well you do have some value in the gold".

So diamond testers are not always telling the truth.

That's crazy!!! If I ever find a big stone that test Diamond and turns out it wasn't I WILL start crying!!!!!!!!

The 925. silver is the amount of silver in the ring also on sliver coins from mexico,and other silver coins.:nerd:

You need a special tester for Moissanite stones.

Yes, I've found one....sometimes they put diamonds in .925 in Mexico.

Most ladies diamond rings found ( 99.9%) on the beach are FAKE. 40 PLUS YEARS HUNTING AND ONLY 2 REAL ONES FOUND.AND THE GOLD WAS WORTH MORE.