Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did any of you guys see the new metal detecting show on Natgeo?

Bobbie

It was excellent, nothing like that idiotic "Diggers" that they put on recently. ChicagoRon is one of our forum members from beach and water side. He did an excellent job in showing what metal detecting is all about. Great spokesperson. Ed, this show was done partly in England.

n/t

.... a group of detectorists that apparently "own" detecting rights on the Thames. At low tide they dig deep pits to recover stuff thrown in / lost since folks started using the river.

An English friend of mine told me that when he inquired to them, (the Mud Larks they call themselves) about detecting there they were quite rude and suggested my friend might get hurt if he was found detecting the Thames. The Mud Larks apparently make a lot of money selling what they find that the British Crown / Museum folks never hear about or see.

My guess is the lure of TV stardom and / or a $ payoff from the Nat Geo folks got that segment filmed.

I'm not a fan of these reality detecting shows that are portraying us as robbers / pillage'ers of history.

ChicagoRon is a really good spokes person for our hobby, he has been at it for 28 years.

n/t