Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did I buy the correct detector?

Calnevaroy

Heck, I didn't know whether to post this here or on the Gold Bug forum but I'll try here first. I already bought the Gold Bug Pro (still brand new) in thinking I'd be able to ferret out some non ferrous goodies hiding near rusty iron in the (beat to death) older parks in my town but I'm beginning to wonder if I made the correct decision buying the Gold Bug Pro over one of the other "F" series detectors. Along with wanting to find non ferrous near iron I wanted a machine that would be good for those really trashy areas of parks as well. I have moderately mineralized but fairly even ground. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Believe in what you bought .......... Your choice was excellent.

Now start looking for the coils that will make it special in every area you want to detect..

If your park is trashy, then a smaller coil is probably best. You didn't say which coil(s) you have, but the 5" DD coil is great in trashy areas...you have a great detector, take your time to learn it and it will serve you well. HH

I had the gold bug se,really nice machine,much more quiet the my f75,but the learning curve was wider than I had expected.For me to try and bounce back and forth between the two machines was a struggle,so I stuck with the f75.Take Elton's advice and stick with it you shouldn't be sorry....JMHO....hh rick in mi.