Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did I find a piece of cut silver?

Dan(NM)

So I got out today and went to an old park. Running through the park is a ditch that was dug in the late 1700s by the Spanish. I found this about 20 ft from the ditch. It looks like it was cut in half. It is exactly half the size of a dime. Did I find a piece of cut silver? Only detail I can see is in the center top portion of one side. It reads 20-21 on the Equinox...41 on the Legend and 39 on the CTX.

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_174243295~2.jpg
    IMG_20220322_174243295~2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20220322_174305134~2.jpg
    IMG_20220322_174305134~2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20220322_174759245~2.jpg
    IMG_20220322_174759245~2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 134
It’s a half of some coin denomination but don’t know what. Nice find either way! Nice merc too!!

So I got out today and went to an old park. Running through the park is a ditch that was dug in the late 1700s by the Spanish. I found this about 20 ft from the ditch. It looks like it was cut in half. It is exactly half the size of a dime. Did I find a piece of cut silver? Only detail I can see is in the center top portion of one side. It reads 20-21 on the Equinox...41 on the Legend and 39 on the CTX.
Hard for me to tell from those pictures but a cool find none the less. I found half of mercury dime but was able to tell it was a mercury. In your case you need a better magnifier to see the details

I can't tell much either, but silver is still silver, regardless. I am currently hunting an old golf course that is being renovated and not a hunt goes by where we don't find cut coins, cut by the lawn mowers... and they can do a darn neat job of cutting, too. HH jim tn

I think you found a nickel…….!!!😂😂😂
Could very well be a Barber or a Seated looking at Dan’s pic, nice find!!!!

When it popped out of the hole immediately I knew that it was something that had been intentionally cut in half. I sure as hell was hoping that it was Spanish :)

Well, that’s a piece of 10. Much rarer then the common piece of eight. An extremely rare cut coin. Betting odds are you won’t find another. 😂

All kidding a side. Nice dig.