Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did the humming in head phones get fixed?

Pedlar mills

I have the same issue with my impact with killer bees, slight constant background hum. Was wondering if re loading the software as suggested elsewhere fixed the problem or is it still no solution found for it?

Pedlar mills said:
I have the same issue with my impact with killer bees, slight constant background hum. Was wondering if re loading the software as suggested elsewhere fixed the problem or is it still no solution found for it?

They wanted me to send the video clip I made to them and im still waiting on an answer

Are you guys using the small or standard coil?

Beyonder said:
Are you guys using the small or standard coil?

Standard, but I've only used it the one time so far

Hello.
Since this thread has been opened, I prefer to reply to DigDugNY from here so other members can see the response.
The background sound is not audible but some headphones in the market may be amplifying it. Apparently, we cannot test the devices with all the headphone models available worldwide. This product has been tested not only by us but by many field testers in different parts of the world (8 in the USA alone) and has been approved. However, we are noting this feedback and we can work on a change for those who think this is an issue. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the software though meaning a software upload will not change it.
Thank you!

I received my Impact yesterday and tested it out last night with the wireless headphones I purchased for my Racer. I can't get the dongle cover to come off my R2, so they're relegated to the Impact for now.

Just for the record I didn't hear any hum on the Makro wireless headphones, everything sounded fine, but I'll dig out my Sunray Golds today and make sure they work OK too.

-Cal

Just to reiterate, in case it was missed. The source of the sound is actually coming from the built in speaker. My Sunrays are just amplifying it, but if other people are using theirs and not getting the sound then I feel it must be detector related and not headphone related. On another forum I was told by a tester that one of their test units had the same problem as mine and a software reload fixed it. I can make do for right now cuz the stock headphones that come with the impact make it manageable

DigDugNY said:
Pedlar mills said:

They wanted me to send the video clip I made to them and im still waiting on an answer

I would like to know if others can hear the hum like in the video through their external speaker on their machines, if all machines are omitting the same hum then no big deal I'll just use other headphones or just put up with it.

Dilek,
In the future, at least here in the US, killer B's and sunray gold pro headphones are very popular. They are also 150 ohm headphones which could play into why it's allowing it because of impedence. They are both very popular brands made my the same man. It's a small business here in the USA but has grown to be very popular.

But I definitely recommend using one or both of these or another high end brand with 150 ohm speakers.

But for what it's worth I don't have this issue on my nokta makro machines so far but I don't have the impact :-(

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Dilek,
In the future, at least here in the US, killer B's and sunray gold pro headphones are very popular. They are also 150 ohm headphones which could play into why it's allowing it because of impedence. They are both very popular brands made my the same man. It's a small business here in the USA but has grown to be very popular.

But I definitely recommend using one or both of these or another high end brand with 150 ohm speakers.

But for what it's worth I don't have this issue on my nokta makro machines so far but I don't have the impact :-(

Thank you for the feedback. I will be ordering a pair of each to be added to the engineer's testing equipment right away.

No, I have no hum coming from the internal speaker of my Impact (and no noise from my Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones).

Wayne

so from the evidence on hand no speaker noise and pro golds used no noise in headphones...noise from speaker also noise in pro gold headphones = detector audio problem nothing to do with headphones..

could be just a dry solder joint at the speaker or a small short in the speaker area ...

anyway hope you get the problem sorted guys..

AJ