Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Didn't feel like traveling due to gas prices so I stayed close to home. Glad I did!! I hit a mini-cache!

JimmyCT

I decided to hit a park with a good-sized picnic area. I first hunted a large field and found a rosey and a 1912 Barber. I continued to hit this area for a few hours but I didn't find much else. I then decided to try up on this hillside...I imagined people sitting up on this hill possibly eating their lunch or just to get away from the crowd below. I first stumbled onto a few wheaties (not shown) but they are dated 1909, 1911 and a couple from the 1940's and 50's. Then next target I was thinking it was a silver dime due to the nice, smooth high tone that was produced. When I unearthed the coin it was an 1897 Six Pence! I barely moved my coil BAM!, Moved it again, BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!.. lol what the heck? all those "BAM's" were the large Chinese Ten Cash coins and date to the early 1900's. Wow this is one heck of a mini-cache! All were very shallow too. 1-2" in depth. Not too far away I found rosey, merc and a well-worn Draped Bust Large Cent!

Detector used:
Equinox 800

Attachments

• 1 - Copy.jpg
    1 - Copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
  • Draped Bust Large Cent.jpg
    Draped Bust Large Cent.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3683 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3683 - Copy.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3684 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3684 - Copy.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3687 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3687 - Copy.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3688 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3688 - Copy.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3689 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3689 - Copy.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 130
I decided to hit a park with a good-sized picnic area. I first hunted a large field and found a rosey and a 1912 Barber. I continued to hit this area for a few hours but I didn't find much else. I then decided to try up on this hillside...I imagined people sitting up on this hill possibly eating their lunch or just to get away from the crowd below. I first stumbled onto a few wheaties (not shown) but they are dated 1909, 1911 and a couple from the 1940's and 50's. Then next target I was thinking it was a silver dime due to the nice, smooth high tone that was produced. When I unearthed the coin it was an 1897 Six Pence! I barely moved my coil BAM!, Moved it again, BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!.. lol what the heck? all those "BAM's" were the large Chinese Ten Cash coins and date to the early 1900's. Wow this is one heck of a mini-cache! All were very shallow too. 1-2" in depth. Not too far away I found rosey, merc and a well-worn Draped Bust Large Cent!

Detector used:
Equinox 800
Congrats! Very nice close to home finds! Ma

Detector used:
Equinox 800
This had to be fun!

At what point did you just sit down and start babbling and petting your detector??? Wow!!!! That had to make your day for sure!!
Don’t tell anyone 🤫

That is an amazing group of finds Jim.. now you just need to figure out how all those coins ended up there! :unsure:
You know I can't allow you to count that one coin as silver though.... :razz:

That is an amazing group of finds Jim.. now you just need to figure out how all those coins ended up there! :unsure:
You know I can't allow you to count that one coin as silver though.... :razz:
But…but it’s 92.5% silver 😩😩😩
😂🤣😂
How those coins got there is one great mystery. I’m gonna go back and see if I can find more mysteries 🤭

Killer day Jimmy, I know you must be worn out from this hunt and all that digging so I've got my F5 fired up and ready to help you on your next hunt.
sounds like a plan to me! Come on up!

Sweet finds there Jim.
Mark

nice haul…obviously left by the coin ferry…. I’ve had a very similar experience on a beach one time which I still refer to as “foreign coin beach”..