Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

difference between 5 x 8 DD coil and larger DD coil on 250 or 350 ???????

andrew9091

I ve been getting feedback that the smaller 5 x 8 DD coil is killer on the ACE 350......and even better than the sniper coil......Im not liking the large DD coil on the 350......has anyone else experienced a difference between the larger DD coil and the smaller 5 x 8 coil ??? I may get one if the smaller DD is better than the larger DD coil......I get so many false signals and dig so much trash with the large DD coil....is the smaller 5 x 8 coil any different ?

Thanks !!

I used the small 5x8 DD coil on my ACE 250 for awhile it worked good but it picks up a lot of trash also especially Bottle caps it loves them . As far as finding targets I couldn't see a lot of difference between it and the sniper coil other than the area covered on your swing is a bigger with the 5x8 DD coil . I prefered the sniper which I already had over the DD coil so I traded mine off for a regular 9x12 coil .The 5x8 is more noisy than the sniper coil is and I had to learn to slow down my swing with the DD coil , as far as depth I couldn't see much difference between the 5x8 dd and the sniper coil . Target seperation was little different since you was going from a DD to a very small 4 inch regular coil . I can't help with a comparison between the two DD coils as I have never used the bigger one .

Harold

Some Falsing is caused by running the sensitivity too high. I use an ACE-250 as a backup and when I want to get closer to large metal objects. I turn the sensitivity down and I can find coins in totlots that my main machine wont let me find due to the proximity of the large metals. Turn the sensitivity down just a little and see if the falsing goes away. By the way we all dig lots and lots of trash. We just dont post pictures of it. LOL. HH

I hear ya George.....i just did far less trash with the sniper on the 350 and the target ID is dead on everytime......i get so many more false signals with the DD on there...thats just me tho. I do use the large dd in large fields tho but for home sites etc...its snipe season !!

The 8x11DD is a fine coil. Yioy just have to practice and get used to it.
The ace 250 sniper coil works great on my 350.
Robt2300