Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different coils

silverman

Are they going to put out a smaller coil for this detector soon? I am interested in this machine, I can't lie.

The stock Double-D coil is a 9" coil and actually offers excellent separation - as good or better than many 8" or smaller coils while providing great depth and target separation . . . . bumping up the Recovery makes it lightening fast in trash and many of my finds recently have been in sites that are infested with iron such as nails and the like.

I am not sure you would gain much going with a smaller coil based on how the stock coil performs since it is flexible enough to all but eliminate shutdown between signals.

A lot of people are asking about one thing and that is depth . . .. what I have found and others that are posting finds have as well is that there are still a great number of keepers either vertical or masked by trash that unless you virtually creep along with other detectors, they will be missed when you pass over them. The Deus appears to unlock these areas and can pick up targets that other detectors do not see for a myriad of reasons. So while depth is important, separation, see-through, recovery speed and iron identification / rejection is just as important when it comes to finding stuff that may have been missed by everyone before you.

Andy

I agree with Andy. The stock 9" coil is very very good. I was in a very trashy area saturday and it did well. I am not sure a smaller coil is needed with this machine. Just speed up the reactivity time some.

Me too been looking at it long before it come to the US and wondered about its claims i also see lots of etracs for sale on ebay UK that is a sign this thing works over there, you know most people are skeptical if something appears much better than the competition, and think well maybe people just get excited about something that's a bit better than the rest.

i read all sorts of things about all sorts of detectors and from my experience some is true some is not and while expensive the only way i have found is to buy one and find out for myself.

I also agree with the consensus that target masking is where the coins are hiding not always deep but just hiding their little souls away waiting for someone to have enough skill time and the right detector to pull them out.

i am sure this will be a very entertaining forum :biggrin: at worst.

so do i sell my other high end detectors to fund a try at the Deus, what happens if i don't like it am i going to take a big hit on the resale market? lot of die hard etrac fans out there who will not change even if you bash them over the head with a Deus which from what i can see wouldn't hurt much :blink:

so will the other big makers sit idly by and watch their market disappear? i don't think so.

so if only for that reason to keep the big boys on their toes bring on the Deus it would seem that new machines with real changes from a few big makers may not be far away.

me i try not to buy in to early hype before i part with my cash and see where the pieces fall, a big thank you to all those who do as it helps a little to see the truth.

BP