Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different signal%

prester

Two units v3i, using the same program, not coil, same parameters

1-spectra v3i - Signal 4.8%, 0.3% noise
2-spectra v3i - Signal 6.6%, 0.3% noise

with the same coil, v3i - 1, provided less signal
v3i-2, overload before, less rx gain,

Because it?

prester said:
Two units v3i, using the same program, not coil, same parameters

1-spectra v3i - Signal 4.8%, 0.3% noise
2-spectra v3i - Signal 6.6%, 0.3% noise

This part means nothing not using the same coil. The small % difference means nothing either just moving the coil can change the reading. All the % is telling you that in one case you have 95.2 and 93.4 % of the signal room until the detector will reach overload. These are two excellent readings.

with the same coil, v3i - 1, provided less signal
v3i-2, overload before, less rx gain,
I don't understand what you said in this part.

Because it?

30112011031.jpg

OK, so what is your question? Sorry but I still don't see were you have a problem. How are you making them overload?

a single coil in the two detectors
a v3i more false signals, it is more instability

I dissatisfied, very costly, more control, not all alike, there are differences among detectors and other

The language translation makes it difficult to understand your problem. 1.5% difference makes no difference. If the detector didn't tell you there was a difference no one would know there was a difference this small. If this is the only problem you don't have one. This reading will not cause more falsing. There are minor differences in all manufactured produces. It is called tolerances. That's why for instance resistors come in +/- 10%, 20% etc.

Unless there is a bilingual Spanish speaking person who can explain your problem I don't think I can help you.

I think what he is saying is during general hunting his V3i (2-v3i) will overload at lower rx setting and cannot support higher settings than his friends V3i (1-V3i).

This is what he posted on White's forum:
"in general use, 2-v3i, overload before the 1-v3i
2-v3i, support lower gain rx"

I don't think the signal % is the issue here.

Prester
You say that your V3i (2-V3i) will overload before your friends V3i (1-V3i)?
Try this test:
Outside, away from and EMI sources.
Raise your coil to waist level.
With these settings:
RX Gain: 15
TX boost: OFF

It should NOT overload. With the coil in the air, if you CANNOT run your detector at these settings then you have a bad coil and it needs to be replaced.

IF you CAN run the detector at these settings then your coil is fine and as Rob stated, the signal % difference you showed does not mean that one V3i is "better" than the other.

I hope this helps.
Andrea

My Spanish is spotty but: La tolerancias de detectors "otra" es en la percentas correcto e conforma con la paramateros de la factorio. Posible....es un differencia con los coils (normal) o placmente pequeno a la tiempo verificacion. Boninas de intercambio entre los detectores? Un differencia de 1.5 percento......? NO problema a la extremo.) Comprobar a cabo un el uso relativamente. Hope this helps.

andreak77 said:
I think what he is saying is during general hunting his V3i (2-v3i) will overload at lower rx setting and cannot support higher settings than his friends V3i (1-V3i).

This is what he posted on White's forum:
"in general use, 2-v3i, overload before the 1-v3i
2-v3i, support lower gain rx"

I don't think the signal % is the issue here.

That's the problem with all the coils and in all situations.

Thanks andreak77

Prester as Andrea was saying,

Are you saying that your V3i (2-V3i) will overload before your friends V3i (1-V3i)? Is this correct?
Try this test:
Outside, away from any EMI sources.
Raise your coil to waist level.
With these settings:
RX Gain: 15
TX boost: OFF
It should NOT overload. With the coil in the air, if you CANNOT run your detector at these settings then you have a bad coil and it needs to be replaced.

IF you CAN run the detector at these settings then your coil is fine and things are working as they should.

Did nw1886 post help?

Prester
So what your saying is that you take one coil and put it on both V3i's.....
When the coil is on your friend's V3i it can pass the test using the settings I posted earlier.
But when the same coil is on your V3i it does not pass the test using the settings that I posted earlier.
AND no matter what coil you use - your friends V3i will pass the test but on your V3i it will overload.

And just so we're staying on the same page - the difference in the signal % reading is so small that in this instance it does not make his detector "better" than yours.
BUT if his detector can pass the "coil test" but yours cannot no matter what coil you use THEN I would say that you have a box issue and your detector needs to be sent in.

Hope this is helpful!
Andrea

I can help with the translation since I'm native spanish so go ahead and shot Prester.

Puedo ayudar con la traducci

So was the problem solved?

No idea Rob, I offered to help but he has not posted any question in spanish language. I Guess he figured it out already.

That's how many posts end. ROB