Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

different way of finding old silver coin

dabbie1

Went for a ride with my wife here in Delaware,While riding through a small town, only one elementary school,saw a small antique store and decieded to stop in and browse.I was telling the lady behind the counter that I metal detected.She reached below the counter and said you may be interested in this.Out comes a large silver coin called a Maria Theresa Thaler with a date of 1780. I looked it over and told her I would give her $20 for it. She said that was fair. So I purchased it When I got home I researched it online.Maria Theresa Thaler was Empress of Austria,Hungry,and Bohemia from 1740 to 1780.This coin since minted has been world trade coin, was excepted every where in the world back then, and .They even used it here in colonial America.She told me it had just come in from an estate sale.The coin is fine silver,right now silver is $28.30 an ounce. So I gained $8.30 just by buying it. The date of this coin has remained 1780- so who knows when minted I will have to research the mint mark to see where and when it was minted.It is old and good silver ,cause it is tarnished.So you never know what may come your way.HH Wayne in Delaware

Two I purchased in the last few years for about $30 each. They look newly minted. I have one that is quite worn and I purchased it about 12 years ago. I don't know about it.