Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dig the right sounds

cometguy

I have been hunting with my Deus for almost a year. I have dug a ton of questionable targets to try to learn the machine. I lacked confidence to grass hunt with it because of this digging experience. The big "slap me up side the head moment" finally came to me. Dig the good signals and it is alright to not always dig the strange ones. I have never been fooled by a target that hits that sweet warble. I have been by signals I try to convince myself are good. I think the sweet warble of a good target will stick in your mind. Hear and dig the good stuff. Occasionally, dig the not so perfect targets. If your confidence or patience is thin, go for the good stuff.

Don
HH

We all try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear every now and then, especially when we haven't dug a good target in a while. I don't dig as many "iffy" targets as I used to. I am old enough to be a lot more selective to what I use my energy on. LOL

I have the same problem! I dig tons of trash in the 12-18 kHz frequency's. I mostly use 8 kHz and find it "more user friendly" for coin shooting,since there is a much wider target separation in it,than in the higher frequency's. In the 12 kHz mode my Deus finds bottle caps,like a gopher finding peanuts!:lmfao: It doesn't get any more depth than in the 8 kHz mode,but it can find tiny pieces of can slaw deep also! I've also noticed that you don't see any programs for the 4 kHz mode? Is there a reason for this?

Ive noticed that to rks, I wonder why... Does anyone hunt in 4 khz

I have used it some,and it's a "hammer on copper/silver coins!:thumbup: It can be "hard" to use in some soil/areas,since the TX power is fixed at the high end though. It will definitely "rat out" bottle caps though!:lol: I read (somewhere?) one time, that one of the older Pro's said if they were going to build a great coinshooting machine,the would start with a 2 kHz frequency!:surprised: The lower frequency's hit copper/silver harder,than the high frequency's do,according to him!