Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digger coil taught me how to read a tight pocket spill from trash!

Digdoggy

I wanted to share a little story on pocket spills especially since some friends here are getting or just obtained a new Digger 6" 3 khz coil.
I was on a slight hillside that overlooks a tennis court. I figured people may sit up there and watch the matches. I dug a couple quarters, lincolns and dimes. Just clad as usual here. Then I get a prominent response on the 705 with digger. High, high, mid, mid low mid , high, high and a little whoop! ,,,,What the heck kind of trash now! I'm complaining, most likely from digging a couple hrs already that day and getting hot in the sun. This mix had a whooping sound but just a couple, most sounds were clean, bright, you know the ones that get your attention. With trash I can really make the 705 especially with the digger really warble and blooop, sounding by doing that dd wiggle and pulling the coil toward me. Not on this one. So, I look at my VDI numbers and they're all coin #s. Hmmm. Repeating 42, 42, 32, 34, one sort of low in the teens, then 38, 42. I think maybe its a pocket spill or a rusty nail near a coin? Sure was, a pocket spill and so tight together I have no idea how this little coil read these coin numbers off of this clump! Youd think it would have seen it as one big strange shape object. But I swear I saw it and dug,,,, four quarters very close together, a couple dimes, lincoln pennies and even a nickle. Obviously must have trickled out of a pocket close to the ground. About 3 to 4 inches deep it was now. Silver would be great but I get really excited on spills. Why its so significant to me is, spills are usualy spread out at least a foot or two. This digger rocks, go slow, nice an slow and it just works.
That's how the digger taught me a neat tight pocket spill signal. No joke...