Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggers ???

Rob (IL)

My brother had me watch the show. Civ, Ster, Juice, roundness in the hole, acrobatics, ??? I've never hunted with guys like this. I need to practice my slide. I don't know but I won't be watching.

-- moved topic --

n/t

Absolutely the worst show on tv if you ask me. These guys sound like total tools and act like infants running around in a candy store, a total embarrassment.

For some reason, I know not why, I found myself watching every episode of that BOOM BABY show, and hated every minute of it! But I would still watch week after week. And be totally disgusted week after week.
I agree somewhat. This show is much better. The artifacts they dig up aren't perfect, clean,museum quality pieces like the other show magically found every place they went. These guys are finding it just as we do.....dirty, bent, covered with crust. Their antics are a little strange, but I guess most people wouldn't would not watch a half hour of listening to random blips, beeps and buzz without some kind of action. As we all know, watching someone digging a hole is not really exciting.
If you have a solid hit, you know It's something good, and you're digging the hole is another story hard to portray so I guess that's why they act so goofy when they find something. The" diggers glossary" they use.......once again, I can't stand it!
Call it what it is guys. Why such stupid words? It's bad enough I have to put up with a frickin' gieko commercial every two minutes followed by some drug commercial for penis malfunction! It ain't juice. I don't want anything to do with juice when I'm digging! Stop it already. If this hobby starts using this terminology........I'm done. Good bye!

Give a narrative as they were detecting .....telling about the possible finds at this location. Once target is found, show how to dig a hole at the start of the show.Show how they cover the hole too. Find the object, and even be a little excited if it were good.NO Antics needed. I'm even OK with the supposed value. That's all opinion anyway.Try getting some of the prices they quote LOL.

Once in the meat of the show, switch back, and forth between the two guys ........ showing each finding or not finding targets. Shoot they can even make a friendly wager that isn't stupid to take up time.

The end is OK now..showing the finds, and getting opinions on who's is best. Why Not..I like seeing the whole days finds.. Just tone it down so it isn't silly..

It could actually be a good detecting show... Run some good things about detecting on the screen.. How we help locate lost rings etc.. List some clubs in different states telling people if interested check them out...

It could be a very good show if it would lose the "SILLY ANTICS" Their made up language, and dumb sounding bets..OH, and please guys ..[size=x-large]Don't eat the grass !![/size]

This show is GARBAGE. All this "lingo" chit, I've never heard of on any forum, and I'll be damned if I ever spouted off like that. I would think Garrett could voice some displeasure with this, that is IF they stand behind the hobby as much as I (we) think. The show is cutting detecting down to a joke...

Well, now that I'm banging bullchit TV shows for being so fake, I'm gonna decap a cold one, munch on some kind of snack that ain't in any way, shape or form good for me and watch Justified!

SE-5 said:
This show is GARBAGE. All this "lingo" chit, I've never heard of on any forum, and I'll be damned if I ever spouted off like that. I would think Garrett could voice some displeasure with this, that is IF they stand behind the hobby as much as I (we) think. The show is cutting detecting down to a joke...

Well, now that I'm banging bullchit TV shows for being so fake, I'm gonna decap a cold one, munch on some kind of snack that ain't in any way, shape or form good for me and watch Justified!

Quite the opposite ... although they are a good company that stands behind their product, I am sure they are thrilled about the free advertising. It's all about profit, otherwise they would'nt be doing it in the first place.

I would even go as far as saying that Garrett is likely keeping these guys equipped so that they can continue to display their products to the world.

Just heard back on the numbers boys and they are through the roof. Best show in its time slot! I guess the producers know more than you guys what the masses want. Happy hunting

and I don't just mean detecting shows ...................[size=x-large]Really though..if it's successful. Good for your guys .......... Gotta make a living someway..May as well be detecting related...[/size]

Yes the Masses eat up Stupid. Look at all the "Reality" shows that have absolutely nothing to do with reality that are watched by the masses. Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, and the take offs from those shows. They are get high ratings even though every one of them is staged to high heavens. If those guys on Diggers acted like they had half a brain in their head their show could benefit those of us that detect. However their stupid antics cast the rest of us in a very poor light in the eyes of the general public that I have talked to. I have been denied permission to hunt a one acre lot where Confederate soldiers camped due to land owner watching those idiots. His comment was that "I do not allow people that act like that on my property". Even though I tried to explain to him that 99.9 percent of the folks that detect did not act like that he was not persuaded.

Can you imagine HOW BORING the show would be if they didn't act like they did? If they just walked slow with a steady threshold, until they found a good signal, and dug it up only to "stay calm" and say "Hey KG, a Large Cent" with zero excitement? How many people would watch? Sure the show is amped up a little, but metal detecting is very boring to watch if you do not. I love to do it, but if you filmed a normal detecting session, people would turn the channel in 2 minutes.

montanagold said:
Just heard back on the numbers boys and they are through the roof. Best show in its time slot! I guess the producers know more than you guys what the masses want. Happy hunting

Trash Show!!!! (A Person) called me today and said they wanted to buy a metal detector, and asked what kind of metal detector to buy? "They know i have been a metal detector hobbyist for twenty five years", and said that they have been watching the show "DIGGERS' and want to buy a metal detector. And want to know what metal detector to buy under $100.00... I told them that they can't buy a metal detector for under a hundred dollars. ( i think they almost fainted). Also they mentioned about looking around cemeteries. I told them that they will go to jail if they dig around cemeteries, and i will see to it that they do. Then they said 'not digging in cemeteries', in older areas where cemeteries exist, because where older cemeteries exist older homes existed. WELL I don't that person's intentions, BUT I do know that "DIGGERS" has influenced a lot more people to show stupidity. DIGGERS NEED TO BE GONE!! DIGGERS Please go away.

Great post!! Its all true, you are right on, we could not stop laughing for like 5 mins it was a tear jerker LOLOLOL , thanks

montanagold said:

They may know more about "what the masses want", but I'll heed the advice of many people in this hobby as to what is going to be best for it's long term health and access to public and private sites. Obviously the producers are stepping their toes into the water of this great hobby of ours with some very different motivations than we are. Move over quick because the water is about to get suddenly "warm" in a very disturbing way...:biggrin:

Plenty of good things have been destroyed in the name of personal gain. I look at shows which give this hobby a black eye as selling out for those reasons. Who cares if we lose some spots, have property owners deny us access, or end up having public parks be closed to detecting, so long as a small select group of others get to fill their bellys? If you TRULY love this hobby, or anything in general, despite any motivations otherwise, you'll never sell out your convictions to get there...

As a small game/deer hunter, I've seen this kind of mentality end up putting certain species on the brink of extinction...All because somebody could profit from something they poached to the right people, while in the meantime that animal gets so pushed down in numbers that the law biding public no longer is allowed to hunt it. I look at this whole thing with these shows as poaching in many ways...Laws get passed that we all have to follow (IE: Meaning restrictions or bans), only because of the actions of a select few who cared more about making things "flashy" than the larger picture of what kind of ramifications their "represenation" of that activity might have. Point being it doesn't have to be done that way to make things work IMO.

PS- And I'm not anti-capitalist. I'm a red blooded American and in fact I'm all in favor of it, when a good product or service is provided...

nolanation said:
Can you imagine HOW BORING the show would be if they didn't act like they did? If they just walked slow with a steady threshold, until they found a good signal, and dug it up only to "stay calm" and say "Hey KG, a Large Cent" with zero excitement? How many people would watch? Sure the show is amped up a little, but metal detecting is very boring to watch if you do not. I love to do it, but if you filmed a normal detecting session, people would turn the channel in 2 minutes.

They don't have to be steady as a rock calm. Digging something up, giving a big smile, and getting a slap on the back as you relate the history of the item and it's rarity or such, with a few "WOWS!" and "I can't believe it!" thrown in for good measure, without acting like somebody just poured cold water down your pants.

"Boring" shows appeal to more people than you think. Just watch many of the documentaries on animal planet and such. History Channel, Animal Planet, PBS documentaries....That kind of stuff often gets very high ratings, and without acting like you just drank a huge pot of coffee...