Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggers

PKB

Noticed they are using AT Golds. Is that really how the AT Golds sound ? Juice ? Nectar ? Really ?

I heard someone that knows them said the sound was AT Gold, but I heard some AT Pro sounds in there on an older show I don't know that is the real sound. It doesn't seem so to me. My guess is the producer wanted more sound, a lot of beeps. I thought I saw them using the ATP on other shows.

When they show them walking around randomly, it is obvious that they are throwing in extra detector noise for good measure. I'm not a hater of the show anymore, but I'd like to see more emphasis on proper target recovery and less of the acrobatics displayed when they find something. And there should be a disclaimer at the end of the show stating that "Absolutely NO ONE but them have stupid nicknames for their finds"

Its so fake. They swing the coil twice. Say sounds like juice. Dig a three inch plug two inches deep. Then pull out a coin so fake

n/t

They're in the nectar sector all the time it seems! I'm sure they film many hours just to get that 23 minutes air time for every episode. Don't get me wrong, I like my AT Pro like they use...but I'd like to know there exact locations and go back over those spots with my new ctx...It's comical to watch for sure...:detecting:

This show does noe of us any good.

They act like a couple of idiots in my opinion. I do wish that someone would do a show like this one but when they finde someting, show some exciterment but not act like goofy children.

Ray in Maryland

I asked them on their facebook page if they were now using the gold instead of the pro and ringmaster(tim) replied that they have both taken a liking to the gold with the larger 8.5x11 DD coil. I also noticed that aquachigger now seems to have switched over to using the gold instead in his latest videos....hmmm...

I've finally broken down and watched several episodes of this show.

My first observation is that this is not a good thing for the hobby, but it is about what you would expect from a non-reality "reality" show.

With hundreds of TV channels looking for programming, the hobby was fortunate to avoid the reality vultures for as long as it did.

Very few outside the hobby would watch a program showing a true representation of metal detecting. This show is produced for the millions of people who don't metal detect but have daydreamed of finding buried treasure, it is not made for those of us who truly do metal detect.

The annoying camera angles bother me, especially the one they continually use from the ground that shows the two guys twisting unnaturally with the detector.

And the stupid competition bets they have every show where the buffoon who loses the best find competition gets something foolish done to him as punishment.

And the idiotic terms they use for their finds and the way they act like morons jumping in trees, falling on their face, etc. when they make a good find.

But I understand why they do all of the above. If you're going to have a show about metal detecting you have to spice it up. Because metal detecting ain't a spectator sport. It's basically a darn boring thing to watch someone do.

What REALLY bothers me is that the show can't be bothered to take a few precious seconds to show proper retrieval techniques so the many novices who see this show and decide they are going to go out and find their great fortune don't go to their local historic park and tear it up.

Worst of all, the inflated and completely erroneous value of the finds. A 1928-D penny with a value of $25? In what world is a 1928-D penny out of the ground ever worth more than a few cents at best? The inflated value of the finds has the negative effect of making a lot of the kiddies who watch these kind of shows want to take up metal detecting and find all that instant treasure. Virtually all of those who do will drop out of detecting when they realize what detecting is really about. But they'll leave their property and who knows what other damage behind to the detriment of those of us who love this hobby.

But it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you think. King Dufus, the Dorkmaster, and the producers of this show are no doubt laughing all the way to the bank.

I guess the only good news is the market will likely be flooded with nice used AT Pros once everyone buys one and then realizes it's not quite like it is on TV. That is how I got mine for $300.00. The guy bought it to find a wedding ring and had no other use for it. Not sure why he chose the AT Pro for one hunt but I don't really care at this point. It is finding me lots of nice stuff.

All I can say is what you see is "made for TV". the one thing that I think is in the long haul it will be good for the hobby. One of my co-workers watched the show and has decided to join us in the hobby. Now it is up to me to show him the correct way to metal detect. This is true of all of us .

I agree. I think these people who make the statement "It is not good for the hobby." really mean they don't want other detectors out there--especially not the AT's.