Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggin this new machine....(no pun intended) Question for yall

Duggan

I can kill the clad with this machine but like doin relics too....only problem is that they are still under snow right now.. So before I head out, I was just wondering what the GB Pro VDIs diffent relics at. You know buttons bullets large brass, things of that nature. ...Any help would be great...thanks
Duggan

morelic55, Do you have the omega still ?

Nice to see you on and you still have good input here !!

can get jumpy on middle depth to deep item's...Especially Confederate button's they will jump around a lot by nature but 50-60's generally on Reb button's and yankee coat's with lot's of gold will climb into the lower 70's...Bullet's like 3 ringer's and enfield's that are deep will read in the 80's till they are close tho the coil then the usually read low 70's...

plates I dug a U.S. at 11 inches that read mid 80's from start to finish...

Dug a spur that read 75

odd's and end's like flat button's will hit like coin's mostly, harmonica plated toe tap's suspender clip's will run in the upper 50's to upper 60's...

I think you get the Picture though that relics will read any where ....

Just set your disc to knock out nail's and dig every hit...

The Gold Bug S.E. 2.9er knocked nails flat at 17 The G2 takes about 30-32 to knock them... the GB Pro I believe takes 30-32...

Wish they had not of messed with the range on the pro's and G-2's

Keith

I don't know about the knocked out iron at 30-32, I seem to have them licked at 21, but I also love to hear the iron. Mixed Mode if you will, I set up mine in coin shooting around the 28-30 to knock out the mid-size iron. And also, I been digging the foil and up just to get a feel for coins and jewelry set up. I will go Relic hunting next season and will give you a better report then. A bad day digging is better then a great day at the office. :detecting:

of the machine's being made at first some would get nail's in to the low grunt at 17-18-20 or so and the latter offering's would take 30-32-33 or so to get them to grunt without the high tone breaking in...

it seems to have changed resolution when they made the machine beep for the first 5-6 inches instead of VCO....The earlier ones would VCO at 1 inch from coil....

Not sure what there change was for?

The final version when spliting tone's at 32 or so just leaves 8 point's before foil....This might help on people who are scared to dig Target's I.D.s below 40 thinking it still might be iron even though it is high toning ... when a target is co-located and is pulling the I.D. down some from the averaging of the nail's?

The older version still had 20 point's before foil ...... I have dug plenty of good target's with my first 2.9er that would average a nail and say button and end up reading 35 or so ....

They might of changed the resolution for higher co-located target averaging? Or could be to let in more mineral at the bottom of the scale???

Keith

Cool Keith, I would love to see your finds with the gold bug as far as relics go.