Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggin' with the Delta

BuckeyeBrad

Took the Delta out for a couple hours today and it did all I could ask of it and then some. Got several wheats from the teens, an 03 Indian, a nice Merc and an early Jeff nickel. Also got an early 4H pin and an old small Eagle lock. All the targets were over 8" and the dime was ridiculously deep. There was just 1" of my Predator 75 sticking out of the hole when I finally got to it. I really thought there was no way the Merc was gonna be a coin because the original signal sounded pretty good and the depth I was having to dig to get at it. I even made the statement as I was digging it..."I hate these kind of targets because you just know it can't be a coin but you just want to see what it is after you dig this far!" Had a buddy see me dig it and he also was really surprised and seriously impressed. This kind of performance for this kind of price? Dayum!!!

n/t

Dayum, Brad, those Teks are impressing me and I've got two pretty impressive detectors myself in the T 2 and F 75. I'm afraid I am going to have to kindly ask you to refrain from any future posts on those Teks, or I am going to be in trouble. Thanks in advance for your understanding in this matter. :please: HH jim tn

I always wonder if one of these days "I'll grow up" and be content with just one or two detectors. Probably ain't gonna happen though. When a new detector comes out that interests me, I always have to go through the mental anguish of trying to invoke resistance. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For me, I just enjoy too much learning and trying to master different detectors. I get a bigger kick out of that than my best of finds even. For example, my post wasn't about what I found but how easy and at impressive depths the relative inexpensive Delta heard them. But just for you, I'll try and tone it down a notch. ;)

I know there's been some concern around the Ti-Teks occasionally giving a semi-repeatable audio and ID response to smaller irregular targets in the foil range when running in the disc mode. I checked several of these again today and again all were thin small bits of foil. However I did find several small irregularly shaped pieces (about 3/8" x 1/2" and scattered) of a broken thin brass bolster liner from a pocket knife at the same depths as the coins and they sounded 100% 4 way.

n/t

I appreciate your understanding in this matter and I knew full well what you were trying to convey to us. You just are doing to good of a job, thats all.:thumbup: HH jim tn

Yesterday I found a really small link chain bracelet. No oversized clasp or charms on it and it sounded off all 4 ways with a foil/iron bounce. It was 8" deep.

you would not expect a response at all especially with a "coin" machine! Unbeeliveable!!

I'll take a foil/iron bounce any day on a target like that.

Just for the record, if Brad says it happened then I believe it.

Tom

PS: if that was with the DD coil then I am doubly impressed!

or is it set up different?

Thanks

Keith Southern

And I continue to dig most of those semi-repeating foil targets and I've yet to see where any of them are "good" targets.