Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging Mid Tones with Safari

RLOH

Since most of my detecting spots are void of "high tones", I have resorted to digging low to mid tones hoping for gold and nickels. Today I found two deep Buffalo nickels that both rang in 12-13. One was the nicest buffalo I have ever dug. Very crisp detail and a very prominent 1936 date. I also dug some foil numbers 7-12 and was rewarded with a 14k gold basketball pendent. The Safari is a great nickel detector that also punches deep for them.

The mid tone can be profitable. I hunt the local beaches, I use a sling to take most of the weight from my Safari. I like the hight tone, but the solid low tones are what I really want:twodetecting:

The safari imo is the best FBs machine for digging midtones,those single digit numbers make it a lot easier to decide on wether to dig or not.At least for me.

I love dogging mid tones gold ,old nickles buttons ECT.