Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging those pull tab and foil signals .

hatpin

I took my Vaquero with stock coil to the park woods today . I have hunted this place to death but still get a good find now and then . I had it super tuned to reach deep , sensitivity at the end of red , GB neutral and minimum disc . I listened to every weak signal carefully .

I was digging tabs and had signal that sounded like another one . I dug up this cool old pin , at least thats what I think it is .Do any of you recognize the symbol ? It looks like a cross . A little later I got a foil signal and when I dug it there was a flash of gold . It had me going for a minute but its fake .

You have to different all those to get the gold stuff.:twodetecting:

Several days ago, returning to the large yard of an old home I've been hunting, I retrieved a for sure 'pull tab' signal that I had intentionally left behind on a previous hunts. Turned out to be a pair a nickels together; one an early buffalo and the other an early Jefferson. Individually, the nickels rang up on the detector I was using as 19-20 (nickel), together, 26. (Pull tab)

As everybody says so often, you never know what it is until you dig it up.

Rich (Utah)

Some lovely finds,shame about the faux gold ring though,the cross has some form of crude similarity to our early Celtic crosses but of course in a modern design possible a medal that some one has won,not sure what else it could be,the top loop looks too wide for a chain or something like that more a wider ribbon prehaps.Just a suggestion and probably miles out.

I usualy dont knock out foil as our silver hammered coins can come in the same range and of course if you stop foil you also wont find the decent silver coins either which is basically what we are after,the silver content of hammered coins can vary by a big margin it can depends on things like times of past turmoil and silver was scarce and they reduce the silver content and in good times they could increase it,this is over 1000s of years of course.

Shame about the ring but i am assuming its a base metal of some kind that is gold plated,was the plating wearing of and showing the metal underneath or some other observation ??