Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging Tool Suggestions- Knife/shovel/garden tool????

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Well Im always on the hunt for new digging tools for recovery. One thing I do not have yet is a knife / digger like the one by lesche. Im actually in the look out for a knife ? digger rather that the shovel / trowl digger, as the knife with have a sheath and it would easily cut throuhg roots and whatever else. have any ideas for the ultimate easy cutting digging tool. One more question, anyone use a KA-BAR knife or a tool like the lesche knife/digger? Thanks, Jason.
P.S - Im also loving those T-BAR shovels they sell in the U.K for feilds.

I don't think you will beat the Lesche. Great bit of equipment!

Jason, I agree with SteveP, I have a hand digger and two of George Lesche's small T handle shovels. They're the best tools for the job that I've come across.
George is now Predator Tools.
Here's the link. BTW, the hand digger is on top of the cannon in the photo of tools. Better detail elsewhere on the site.
Good luck.

The others are right that the Lesche is really the best out there, but here's what I got when I started out and still have as a back-up. Its a great digger, cuts roots real well, I think better than the lesche, but has no hand guard which means you've got to be pretty careful with it. Still... a great tool.
See the link.

Have a great Digger or so I'm told. But can't plug it, everbody gets nuts. So if interested EMAIL ME for my web site. ezhandl@yahoo.com

I've got both of those. Their called a hori hori.
a japanese gardening tool. I modified mine by removing the handles and making a brass hilt for them, then reinstalled the handles.Would'nt use anything else.