Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging Tool?

smgorsch

Advice on a favorite digging implement? I've been using what I refer to as a tree spade for some time --it works great but looks unruly when I go into a public space with what amounts to a very long shovel. Anything more discreeet?

thanks

I have a gator from KellyCo. It is steel and very thin. Has serrated edges for roots. It makes neat holes and is easy to push in cause it is thin. Also it is steel so v strong.

I had a Gator for years, then switched to a Lesche when the
Gator wore out. Here's a link for one source.

http://www.predatortools.com/products.htm

You can probably find more on Ebay or at a local detector
dealership. I got mine from a local dealership for $32.
Its sharp and easily cuts through most roots. The plastic
handle used to slide off easily, but it hasn't moved a bit
since I fixed it with some Gorilla Glue.

Mark

[attachment 10009 04222005_031.jpg]

to be pretty cheap. I had it a week and it's bent all to hell...now won't bend back. Not impressed at all really...too much flex.

Your BEST choice is a Lesche digging tool, Model 85B or the Raptor shovel, both from Predator Tools (Lesche), they are made of steel and have a 5 year warranty. http://www.predatortools.com/ You can't go wrong with the BEST there is, they're simply GREAT, I couldn't be more satisfied, just stay away from the Gator Diggers offered by Smellyco.

Wow, I really lean on mine hard when I pull up stuff and it has not bent yet. Do you use your feet with it?

He advertises on here in the classified forum but I also use the Raptor as it's my personal favorite and I could use any of about 7 shovels around here...

Guvner..

I also have one of those gator diggers, and it has served me quite well so far. Don't ask me why, but i decided to detect my driveway for some serious digging fun, and had no trouble with my gator digger. Went through some seriously packed gravel and mud. No trouble other than the ordinary.

I was simply prying up a plug and it bent... didn't seem very strong. Someone else I know had the same exact problem. Now my Lesche is another story. No way that's going to bend.