Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging tool

Thought i would add my $.02 to an earlier post concerning digging tools. The attached pic is of a Gator tool that i have use for over 16 years now. I have sharpened the serrated edge before, as well as filing a better point on it a couple of times, but this has always served me very well. I carry it, a 6" screwdriver (for probing shallow targets) and a 12" X 12" cloth in a beginner pouch. This pouch is then attached to a small fanny pack. This setup allows me to throw all of the junk i find in the beginner pouch, and keep all of the good finds in the fanny pack. Also the fanny pack has different compartments so if you find an unusual item you can put it in a different compartment to keep it from rubbing against other items. You can also carry film canisters, or other containers, in the pack to store items in. This setup also allows easy on and off access, and it's quick adjustment allows it to adapt to t-shirt, or over-the-jacket hunting conditions. Hope this helps.