Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging with dinosaurs....

basstrackerman

Look I don't care how long anyone has been metal detecting. This doesn't give anyone a pass on insults or being a jerk. Listen to what the newer generation has to offer. I find myself learning quite alot. Detectors are not the same as 264bc this is 2021 and things change. We no longer have to get up and turn the channel on tv.. or go knock on a door to see if a friend is home. Things change and we change with it. Many of the things I have been taught are from people much younger than myself. Also many of the people that were labeled blow hards, loud mouths, etc were some of the best people I've ever met. They stand up for themselves and take no crap and I'm kinda like that, but it takes me a few more minutes to get to the point of blowing my top. I guess I learned that in Dept of Corrections. I retired in my 40's so I'm not completely stupid , wife did to. But I have no college degree, only a trade school deploma. Yesterday I turned 55 and I like Calabash and his loud way of making videos. There are several others I like also. If anyone has an issue with the way he makes videos then buy a GoPro and let see those amazing videos. What's stopping you? Oh , maybe it's all of the hard work that goes into making one and posting it...otherwise don't watch them and there will be nothing to complain about. But I will say you guys are the minority because people all over the world are watching them and love them. I see their comments on Facebook and other forums. The deus 1 and the deus 2 are kick butt machines and can't wait to get my hands on the 2!! I had to throw that in here since I'm on a deus forum ;). So yeah guys i cant wait to watch all of your videos.

Makro has a Racer and Racer 2 .. Do not think I ever heard it called Racer 1
Calabash Videos are OK .. Just not the type of detecting I do .. I just do not like the music in the background on videos .. I do not hear music when I detect I especially do not like the Ladd and NYC videos always to much DUMD editing..

I am a JR (2) My dad hated to be called SR (1) MOT his legal name

Makro has a Racer and Racer 2 .. Do not think I ever heard it called Racer 1
Calabash Videos are OK .. Just not the type of detecting I do .. I just do not like the music in the background on videos .. I do not hear music when I detect I especially do not like the Ladd and NYC videos always to much DUMD editing..

I am a JR (2) My dad hated to be called SR (1) MOT his legal name

Actually, the original Racer is mostly called the Red Racer by those who have them due to the color of the battery/control box. FWIW. Don't recall it ever being called the racer 1 either.

Jr's and Sr's, 1's and 2's. Need to have some way to make it clear about the subject of a conversation. If you have a clear way of communicating which is which, by all means, use it. I often hear folks use Older and Younger to differentiate what would be Jr's and Sr's. That works.

Rich-

Actually, the original Racer is mostly called the Red Racer by those who have them due to the color of the battery/control box. FWIW. Don't recall it ever being called the racer 1 either.

Jr's and Sr's, 1's and 2's. Need to have some way to make it clear about the subject of a conversation. If you have a clear way of communicating which is which, by all means, use it. I often hear folks use Older and Younger to differentiate what would be Jr's and Sr's. That works.

Rich-
Hey Rich , Sorry to hear you left the other form. But. Sticking to this thread what About Old Deus V1 and New Deus V2. Just a thought. For those able to get out HH, And those with Snow on the ground with temps i the 20’s cabin fever is here LOL 😂

Hey Rich , Sorry to hear you left the other form. But. Sticking to this thread what About Old Deus V1 and New Deus V2. Just a thought. For those able to get out HH, And those with Snow on the ground with temps i the 20’s cabin fever is here LOL 😂

Ya, me too.

My phone just pinged with a National Weather Service advisory for a Snow Squall Warning - white out conditions. No detecting where i am. As for cabin fever, getting there. Winter is just starting to set in hard. Time to catch up on some other stuff while i wait for the shipping delays to work themselves out.

HH

Rich

Don, I heard about the snow over your direction. You and Rich have something in common as I heard that area got hit with winter's white as well.

As for Rich's decision to 'take a Forum vacation" as such, I naturally haven't deleted or removed him. I consider Rich a good friend and I look forward to things working out in the future. Even if he gets his Deus II before I get mine.

I am sure he'll pick up on it faster than I will since he's been using the 'original' Deus.

I hope your wintry weather is short-lived so you'll be able to get out hunting.

Monte

Don, I heard about the snow over your direction. You and Rich have something in common as I heard that area got hit with winter's white as well.

As for Rich's decision to 'take a Forum vacation" as such, I naturally haven't deleted or removed him. I consider Rich a good friend and I look forward to things working out in the future. Even if he gets his Deus II before I get mine.

I am sure he'll pick up on it faster than I will since he's been using the 'original' Deus.

I hope your wintry weather is short-lived so you'll be able to get out hunting.

Monte
Hi Monte , Yet winter is here got 5” last night and its snowing at the coast. I know you wouldn’t remove or delete Rich from the form That’s not you and hopefully it will get worked out, otherwise I’ll have to look or his Nox post over here seeing his soil conditions are somewhat the same. Best Wishes to all, and may you find a Bucklister this coming New Year, DW

Ya, me too.

My phone just pinged with a National Weather Service advisory for a Snow Squall Warning - white out conditions. No detecting where i am. As for cabin fever, getting there. Winter is just starting to set in hard. Time to catch up on some other stuff while i wait for the shipping delays to work themselves out.

HH

Rich
HEHE, What I’m getting now is headed your way. It’s not often it snows at the coast here and they got a couple of inches. And if you do get the New Deus II it will be interesting to hear your comparisons of it and the Nox 800 in your soil. Best Wishes, DW

Look I don't care how long anyone has been metal detecting. This doesn't give anyone a pass on insults or being a jerk. Listen to what the newer generation has to offer. I find myself learning quite alot. Detectors are not the same as 264bc this is 2021 and things change. We no longer have to get up and turn the channel on tv.. or go knock on a door to see if a friend is home. Things change and we change with it. Many of the things I have been taught are from people much younger than myself. Also many of the people that were labeled blow hards, loud mouths, etc were some of the best people I've ever met. They stand up for themselves and take no crap and I'm kinda like that, but it takes me a few more minutes to get to the point of blowing my top. I guess I learned that in Dept of Corrections. I retired in my 40's so I'm not completely stupid , wife did to. But I have no college degree, only a trade school deploma. Yesterday I turned 55 and I like Calabash and his loud way of making videos. There are several others I like also. If anyone has an issue with the way he makes videos then buy a GoPro and let see those amazing videos. What's stopping you? Oh , maybe it's all of the hard work that goes into making one and posting it...otherwise don't watch them and there will be nothing to complain about. But I will say you guys are the minority because people all over the world are watching them and love them. I see their comments on Facebook and other forums. The deus 1 and the deus 2 are kick butt machines and can't wait to get my hands on the 2!! I had to throw that in here since I'm on a deus forum ;). So yeah guys i cant wait to watch all of your videos.
Bravo !

HEHE, What I’m getting now is headed your way. It’s not often it snows at the coast here and they got a couple of inches. And if you do get the New Deus II it will be interesting to hear your comparisons of it and the Nox 800 in your soil. Best Wishes, DW
We received your storm. Took me about 3 1/2 hrs to shovel my big driveway. Had to do it in two halves and take a warm up break in between. Nine inches of snow and drifted snow plus the joy at the end of my driveway, the snow plow bank. I see why so many older homeowners have heart attacks out shoveling their driveways.

As for detectors, I am planning on the Deus 2, my local dealer has me listed right near the top, but we need XP to start the line moving. All in good time. It was -10* this morning soooooo, might be a bit before I get to do any hunting locally. There are always mid winter thaws and road trips though.

As for how the new D2 will perform? I've had great results with my D1 and 800, really a super duo. Initial field, shallow water and diving results of the D2 are very promising. Much of these initial field results are applicable for places I hunt. Ghost towns of rusty iron and tin are a whole different beast. There are a few of us that will be having a go with the D2 so we can compare notes. I'm hoping the D2 is the next step.

Hope your snow has melted off. HH

UtahRich

The subject title had me thrown off. I didn't know if he was asking about hunting with older people than us, or if he meant hunting with dinosaur metal detectors. Some of the older and out of date units, and that is something I do, periodically, to keep refreshed on what we HAD compared to what we HAVE in modern design. We have gained a lot in features / functions, but we have lost some of the performance along the way. Nothing is perfect.

I have one 'dinosaur' I need to get to the manufacture for some needed repair .... if any fix-it-up service tech knows how to repair a good analog circuit and replace a damaged coil. Others in the ancient herd are waiting, with my newer units, for warmer and favorable weather.

Monte

We received your storm. Took me about 3 1/2 hrs to shovel my big driveway. Had to do it in two halves and take a warm up break in between. Nine inches of snow and drifted snow plus the joy at the end of my driveway, the snow plow bank. I see why so many older homeowners have heart attacks out shoveling their driveways.

As for detectors, I am planning on the Deus 2, my local dealer has me listed right near the top, but we need XP to start the line moving. All in good time. It was -10* this morning soooooo, might be a bit before I get to do any hunting locally. There are always mid winter thaws and road trips though.

As for how the new D2 will perform? I've had great results with my D1 and 800, really a super duo. Initial field, shallow water and diving results of the D2 are very promising. Much of these initial field results are applicable for places I hunt. Ghost towns of rusty iron and tin are a whole different beast. There are a few of us that will be having a go with the D2 so we can compare notes. I'm hoping the D2 is the next step.

UtahRich
Hey Rich, Better get yourself a snowblower , a

UtahRich
Hey Rich, Better hey yourself a snowblower 😁 another Big front headed your Way.

Hey Rich, Better get yourself a snowblower 😁 another Big front headed your Way.

I keep an eye on the NOAA site so i know what's coming our way.

A snow blower is on the list, but with the size of the drive and the incline that goes with it, the Mrs isn't against getting a quad of some sort with a plow blade on the front. That's more $$$. Saving up.

For the time being, I get lots of exercise. And snow means there is water in the summer for drinking and irrigating my yard and the ski resorts down the road are busy and all that.

Rich

I keep an eye on the NOAA site so i know what's coming our way.

A snow blower is on the list, but with the size of the drive and the incline that goes with it, the Mrs isn't against getting a quad of some sort with a plow blade on the front. That's more $$$. Saving up.

For the time being, I get lots of exercise. And snow means there is water in the summer for drinking and irrigating my yard and the ski resorts down the road are busy and all that.

Rich
Hey Rich, Ski Resorts are a Great place to take that new Deus II when the snow melts to find jewelry and such to pay for the New Quad🤩 HH, Don

Hey Rich, Ski Resorts are a Great place to take that new Deus II when the snow melts to find jewelry and such to pay for the New Quad🤩 HH, Don

They can be.

None of ours will let you on them with a detector. :(