Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dilek read this...Lower pole coil washer material maybe too hard

Finder82

The rubber washers material are maybe too hard, because the coil tends to tilt very easy, despite tightening the bolt.

Could you make the washers from a softer rubber, so they could offer a more secure grip?

Finder82 said:
The rubber washers material are maybe too hard, because the coil tends to tilt very easy, despite tightening the bolt.

Could you make the washers from a softer rubber, so they could offer a more secure grip?

Let me share it with my team but could you do me a favor and email the comment to me? There are many posts of the forum so it is not easy to find it again when I want to refer back to it.

Ok, i will email this text to you.

Nokta Detectors said:
Let me share it with my team but could you do me a favor and email the comment to me? There are many posts of the forum so it is not easy to find it again when I want to refer back to it.
Dilek, I appreciate you monitoring some of the posts on this Forum, especially since ([size=small]my guess since I don't know Turkey's time zone)[/size] you posted this response at about 11:30 PM on a Sunday. Most manufacturers personnel would be sound asleep by then.

And a favor for anyone who thinks they have some sort of a specific design issue or problems. PLEASE, don't clutter the Forum with these tidbits. Contact you Dealer, or do as Dilek requested and shoot an e-mail directly to her and the Nokta/Makro factory team.

Now, to some of the topics we have seen on the forum:

I have not had a single search coil issue from any of them. Three for my FORS CoRe and four for my Racer.

With 4 Racer coils, and switching mainly 3 of them around until I get coils on their own lower rods, I have NOT had a single issue with the washer/spacer they supplied, and I haven't had a real problem with coils canting or flopping when in use. Yes, I can bump them on something and they move out of alignment, but that's normal. Somebody bump me and I can guarantee with my bad back and balance I would get knocked out of alignment in a hurry, too.

They all snug up sufficiently for me, and at least the Makro/Nokta group outfit their detectors with washer/spacer components compared with the Bounty Hunter/Fisher/Teknetics models that come WITHOUT any washer/spacer and we are told to just snug the bolt up with only the rod between the coil's dog-ears.

And so far, with many coil exchanges, there hasn't been a broken coil bolt, either. I will say, and have said, that I prefer the levered bolt and nut supplied with the Nokta FORS CoRe to those with the Racer, but I still haven't had a problem.

Again,

Thanks' Dilek, for addressing issues ... on YOUR time.

Monte

Monte said:
And so far, with many coil exchanges, there hasn't been a broken coil bolt, either. I will say, and have said, that I prefer the levered bolt and nut supplied with the Nokta FORS CoRe to those with the Racer, but I still haven't had a problem.
Monte

From my forum, i have heard one of these hollow coil bolts have snapped from overtightening. As you said Monte, maybe the levered bolts are more robust, than the hollow ones supplied with the Makro racer.