Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dilemma.

Ace

I'm having some doubts, on the 3rd November I'm going to the US to live, but where do I put my digging tools? These include trowels and a Lesche digger and I'll probably be taking a bayonet. What do you think I should do? I was thinking on just sticking them on my luggage.

no way would i attempt to take them on a plane.however you could pack them up and mail them to your new address.might be cheaper to get new ones when you get here.

Check with your airline but I had no problem with knives in my luggage - as long as it was not in my carry on bags.

I brought 2 detectors and all my digging tools (which included a Lesche). I took the batteries out of the detectors and put them in the same bag with my digging tools. I put a note on top of the bubble-packed contents: CONTAINS TWO NON-POWERED METAL DETECTORS AND DIGGING TOOLS. (along with my name and cell phone # in case they had a problem)

Whoever inspected both bags actually left me a "thank you very much for the information Joe" note. So, I guess they appreciate that kind of thing...

Thanks everyone! I'll guess I'll just take them on my bag and do as you say Joe and attach a note with my info. In case some trouble comes up, most of them are trowels and the Lesche is the only one that looks like a knife so I guess It will be ok.