Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dime Grand Slam#3

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hello All,

I just took a trip down memory lane by searching through my sixteen years of posts on Findmall. Definitely getting old. I thought this was Grand Slam#2 but I was wrong, did one in 2004 and again in 2008. Then I had to cross reference with my scribbled records to try find out where I was detecting back then.

Anyhow...

There is some road construction going on in a nearby town. I was going to go into work yesterday but drove through this town and saw forms were being set up for a side walk concrete pour. Screw work, it would probably be last opportunity to detect this site.

[attachment 360329 2018_07_29.jpg]

As usual for a construction site it was a complete iron fest. And there was foundry slag under some of the old sidewalk tear outs. I think I may have to buy and try a NOX or Deus for sites like this (Opinions anyone?). But I was able to rustle up a few good signals with my old Explorer XS.

This is the second 41 Walker from this site. I found the Merc first, then the two barbers, and then got the 1890 seated. First seated coin in a few years. I knew I had to keep detecting to get a Grand Slam.

Back in 2004 I couldn't find a Roosie to save my ass. Missed several Grand Slams because of this.

[attachment 360330 themisses.jpg]

So later on when I got a nice silver signal and dug a Roosie I was initially disappointed, but quickly remembered it was exactly what I needed.

And again, seeing how much dirt was removed from the site; there must be hundreds if not thousands of coins leaving the site in dump trucks. And I was almost tempted to dismantle some of the forms, pretty much can't detect within a foot either side when they use metal ones. But, I guess it is proper to leave some targets for some future MD'er when they redo the sidewalks 50 years from now.

HH to all

Chris(SoCenWI)

Not this time.

I have in the past. It was dumped in big mounds and I did detect on top of them. Eventually it got too weedy to go back.

Nice finds love sidewalk tear outs I have a Deus and nox 800 I think you can’t go wrong with either
I like both but for old sites I prefer the Deus but I use the Equinox to but more for the saltwater beaches..

Wooooooooohoooooo totally awesome!