Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dimes, dimes and schools

Hankscraft

Just thought i would tell me story for the day. Schools are a real nice place to find change. Middle schools or Jr. high what some folk call them. I went last Saturday when school was closed. Took my MXT Pro to the front of the school where busses and cars pick up the kids. That small grassy area by the curb was great. I found dozens of dimes. Few quarters and nickles too but no pennies. I figure that the kids bring the silver change like said before to the vending machines in the school. After school they sling their backpacks up against the school wall or tree and "wollla", these sits the coins that fall out. Or the kids wrestle and loose things. So, check out the schools on the weekends. Best thing is I rarely found a pulltab, kids must drink the can inside and those pesty little tabs dont make it outside. Most of our schools here are fenced in so the front is all that is available to hunt. Plenty of rings, charms and chains from the girls too. Happy hunting and I hope I helped you find a new spot for current clad...

That makes sense Hank! I pretty new but never thought to hunt the area where they load and unload. Thanks!

funny you mention that i do schools too ,nothing but money,it's everywhere, i havent found anything but money with this mxt in the playgrounds there are so many pennie signals i have to stop diggin them..

[size=large]I've found the same thing at schools. Mostly coins and not much student trash left around.

By the way Middle Schools are different from Jr. High Schools. Middle schools are grades 6, 7 & 8. Jr. High grades are 7, 8 & 9. Jr. High schools absorb the first year of high school, at least that's the way they are around here.

Happy Hunting!!!
[/size]