Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dinkie day with the ducky dew

A

Anonymous

From the land of the Bluenose....well it was a dark and dreary day here with a light sprinkling of percipitation. In other words a great time to hit the deserted beaches for a quick water dig before going on duty. Donning water paraphernalia I headed towards a local lake after parking Goquikski expecting to have the place to myself. Not to be as was evident by the hoard of screaming rug rats delighting in dunking each other under the water. Their attention unfortunately quickly turned to the "Blue Whale" entering the water. Wasn't long before it began in unison; "What you doing mister?" Being well versed in what is going on in a child's mind I simply answered that I was looking for leeches which immediately gave me a ten yard "free swim zone" and a few disapproving over the shoulder looks from the parents on shore who obviously would have rather be somewhere else other then at the beach getting drenched. About waist high the coins started coming along with a nice dinkie; red half ton Ford in need of a paint job. Caught up in my lackadaisical search of the lakes bottom I failed to notice, at first, that none of the children where in the water but were congregated around the far end of the sandy area "ohing" and "gaing" where there was a duck with her little ones in tow entering the water.Cute right! Not in this lifetime after all the swimmer's itch I have been exsposed to because of these waterrats. My febble mind immediately began to bestow a name on each of the "dear little ducklings".......Roast Duck, Broiled Duck, Fried Duck and Duck a La Orange!
Time was at a premium as I still had to get home,eat and change and get to work. On the way I stopped at a small corner store and added sixty cents to the $5.40 I had retrieved and purchased three scratch crossword tickets to give myself something to do at work. Well here I am and now $10 richer. Happy hunting.