Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappointed in the equinox 600!!

Sounds like you and I have the same problem LOL

if you want to look at a detector that will impress you, look at the Nexus MP V3 and the Nexus MP V2, one of those two is my next acquisition, I just cannot figure out which one I want, the Nexus detectors you place your order then you wait for about three months before they get shipped to you, because they only build them as the orders come in, but from my understanding well worth the wait and the money they cost

I inquired about the MP V3 with the 24 KHz silver scout 9 or 11.5 inch coil and also the 13 inch 6 KHz coil and the cost is around $2500 U.S
Oooof! That is a pretty penny! I will live vicariously through you on that one and can’t wait to hear your review of it!!!! You need to start making YouTube videos!

Thanks so much for taking the time out to create such detailed responses. I will end up buying the GM 7 and likely the deep tech at some point in the next few months. I collect detectors and it is a real problem. 😂. Also planning on a minelab sovereign and maybe reacquire a Fisher CZ of some variety (probably the 3D). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though. The manticore has impressed the hell out of me thus far so I would love to see something that can keep up or beat it. Was planning on getting a deus 2 to test but I am honestly curious as to why I see so many of them for sale on Facebook marketplace.
I will tell you do not discount the Golden Mask Pro 4 WD either, the 4 WD is also a selectable Single Frequency detector it runs 8 and 18 KHz with the flip of a toggle switch you switch frequencies, the 4 WD is my second acquisition of and analog detector it is another beep and dig that detects real good also

I will tell you do not discount the Golden Mask Pro 4 WD either, the 4 WD is also a selectable Single Frequency detector it runs 8 and 18 KHz with the flip of a toggle switch you switch frequencies, the 4 WD is my second acquisition of and analog detector it is another beep and dig that detects real good also
Hmmm I will research this more! That sounds promising.

Check this out!!!

Check this out!!!
Thats the GM 4, it runs 18 KHz only the 4 WD looks just like the GM4, except GM made the toggle switch that does auto or manual ground balance they changed that toggle to flip between 8 and 18 KHz and moved the Auto Balance to the ground balance Knob and it reads HR which stands for Hot Rock

Interesting thread! oldkoot...Have you ever owned a Minelab Mark I?? I have one but don't used it much. How does that one compare to the machines you discussed? Thanks! Ted

Well I will tell you, you are going to be just as disappointed with the Legend in my opinion LOL

the issues you are describing are inherent in all Digital detectors and the reasons I have gone to Beep and dig detectors, i am currently using three beep and digs that will spank even the manticore and the Deus 2 in depth and calling a target ferrous when it is ferrous and calling non ferrous when it is non ferrous at depth, I am currently swinging a Deep Tech Vista X, Golden Mask pro 4WD and a Golden Mask 7 and those three detectors can pull a Non ferrous target out of a pile of nails sitting on top of a non ferrous target

watch this video and yes I have tried this when I received my Vista X

Amen oldkoot,personally I love digital detectors as people who use them leave loads in the ground for me.😁

Interesting thread! oldkoot...Have you ever owned a Minelab Mark I?? I have one but don't used it much. How does that one compare to the machines you discussed? Thanks! Ted
Nope i have not, the Vista X is the first Beep and Dig I have ever used, and once I got the Vista X in my hands and seen what it could do and how easy it was to set up and start detecting I was sold, I went on a shopping spree and search for other similar Beep and Digs and since Tesoro was no longer in existence i had no choice but to search other companies that produced Beep and dig detectors

XP also made some Beep and Digs at one time, that I have been searching for a decent XP Beep and dig also

Honestly I am not knocking the Digital detectors but for me personally I just got tired of spending more time adjusting settings to the ground I detect that for me personally it took all the fun out of detecting, my main detecting is for gold Nuggets and I got to thinking the detectors I use for nugget detection does not have a screen or at least my main nugget detector does not have a screen so why to heck do I need a screen to detect for coins,jewelry or relics so I decide to dump a couple of detectors that were digital, and as I said in an earlier reply in this thread I have no regrets about my decision.

I know to some it will seem like a step backwards but for me personally it is like I have taken 10 steps forward, simply because I am enjoying detecting again, I am having fun detecting again and for me that is all that really matters is having fun doing something I love.

Honestly if I were you I would take that Mine Lab Mark 1 out learn how to set it up and use it to see what it is capable of, you never will know until you take it out and use it, and it may just surprise the hell out of you just how capable it is, what do you have to loose, you already own it so again it may just surprise you

Last edited:
Watch it Ollkoot. Your gonna start a gold Rush on those detector's.
Brother I doubt it, people are to infatuated with these whiz bang digital detectors to even think about purchasing one of these beep and digs and most would never take a risk ordering from a company that is in Bulgaria but I took a leap of faith and picked up two

I have had several people ask me while out detecting (Where is the Screen) and I just laugh under my breath, a couple of them I tell them the screen fell off but it still works LOL

I have some pics.. 003.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    625.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    635.2 KB · Views: 31