Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappointed in the equinox 600!!

Nexus detectors are also not sold in the U.S, and the Nexus detectors are also made in Bulgaria and very very pricey LOL

here is something also to keep in mind I at one time owned three Legends, one I traded to Richard at Backwoods detectors for my Deep Tech Vista X one of my other legends I traded for a XP ORX and I still own one Legend LOL, the ground I detect is highly mineralized it has a heavy layer of magnetite and heavy salt content, when I would activate the mineralization meter on the Legend the left side of that meter would peg at 10 bars, left side is for iron particles in ground I:E (Magnetite) right side of that meter would be running 6-8 bars I:E (Salt Content) in ground, the combination of the salt and the Magnetite made for some very tough detecting scenarios for digital detectors, but these three analogs do not seem to have an issue with the heavy mineralization

I still have my simplex plus, one Legend 3 Analog detectors a Axiom which is a PI (Pulse Induction), Garrett 24 K nugget detector, AT Pro and a Mine lab Xterra 705, I use what works best on the ground I detect and that is the three Analogs when I am coin and jewelry hunting, when I am Nugget hunting I use the Axiom and the Garrett 24K

It was a very hard decision on my part to trade for what most would consider an out dated old technology detector, talking about the Vista X but I will tell you I have no regrets in doing so,
Hey Oldkoot! I just watched a video of the gm7. It outperformed the manticore in depth. Amazingly, in the comments the guy said he preferred the Pirate Phoenix Pro to the GM7. Have you heard of the Phoenix Pro or do you have any experience with it?

Hey Oldkoot! I just watched a video of the gm7. It outperformed the manticore in depth. Amazingly, in the comments the guy said he preferred the Pirate Phoenix Pro to the GM7. Have you heard of the Phoenix Pro or do you have any experience with it?
yep I have
had thought about ordering a phoenix detector but I have not done so yet, Phoenix detectors is another Bulgarian Company that have no dealers in the U.S

i have also just recently acquired a Troy Shadow X5 that is in like new condition, that I am waiting on to be delivered, should have it by the beginning of next week

the golden Mask 7 is deep enough for me, I have dug some very deep targets with my GM7 since I received it, I am going over areas that I have been over with a few detectors and this GM7 is finding things that my digital Detectors missed, The Golden Mask 4 WD and the Vista X are also seeing the same targets the golden Mask 7 sees, and as I have said a few times I have no regrets in switching over to these Beep and Digs, I am actually having fun detecting again instead of becoming frustrated using a Digital detector, wondering if I have the digital set up correctly for the Ground I detect and then watching the jumpy TIDs, it just became frustrating for me personally, with the Beep and digs you Ground balance decide how high you want to discriminate things out and start detecting everything is done with the turn of a simple knob and that is it

I also have a 18 inch coil and a 13x11 inch coil coming from Golden Mask for my GM 7 and that 18 inch coil kind of scares me to think about the depth that coil will see, currently I have the 9.5 inch coil for the 7 and that 9.5 inch coil is seeing things like a hot wheels car at 18 inches deep running on 14 KHz so what will that 18 inch coil see depth wise its pretty scary if you think about it

I have always been one of those that digs every clean signal I.E (tone) and that's what the Beep and digs that I have do, if it is a clean High tone I dig if it is a low tone its usually trash

yep I have
had thought about ordering a phoenix detector but I have not done so yet, Phoenix detectors is another Bulgarian Company that have no dealers in the U.S

i have also just recently acquired a Troy Shadow X5 that is in like new condition, that I am waiting on to be delivered, should have it by the beginning of next week

the golden Mask 7 is deep enough for me, I have dug some very deep targets with my GM7 since I received it, I am going over areas that I have been over with a few detectors and this GM7 is finding things that my digital Detectors missed, The Golden Mask 4 WD and the Vista X are also seeing the same targets the golden Mask 7 sees, and as I have said a few times I have no regrets in switching over to these Beep and Digs, I am actually having fun detecting again instead of becoming frustrated using a Digital detector, wondering if I have the digital set up correctly for the Ground I detect and then watching the jumpy TIDs, it just became frustrating for me personally, with the Beep and digs you Ground balance decide how high you want to discriminate things out and start detecting everything is done with the turn of a simple knob and that is it

I also have a 18 inch coil and a 13x11 inch coil coming from Golden Mask for my GM 7 and that 18 inch coil kind of scares me to think about the depth that coil will see, currently I have the 9.5 inch coil for the 7 and that 9.5 inch coil is seeing things like a hot wheels car at 18 inches deep running on 14 KHz so what will that 18 inch coil see depth wise its pretty scary if you think about it

I have always been one of those that digs every clean signal I.E (tone) and that's what the Beep and digs that I have do, if it is a clean High tone I dig if it is a low tone its usually trash
Now the only thing you have to upgrade is your shovel! Lol

Now the only thing you have to upgrade is your shovel! Lol
I did that a few years ago LOL

started using the Predator Tools Shovels, went to the Predator tools model 24 Phoenix Shovel and the Hurricane, even though the phoenix and the Hurricane are the same shovel I like the hurricane a little more because it is a bit longer, I also use the Predator tools hand diggers, the model 85 and the Raptor hand diggers are great hand diggers, I also picked up Predator tools Lady Bug shovel for digging in manicured lawns, and because its a little more compact

I did that a few years ago LOL

started using the Predator Tools Shovels, went to the Predator tools model 24 Phoenix Shovel and the Hurricane, even though the phoenix and the Hurricane are the same shovel I like the hurricane a little more because it is a bit longer, I also use the Predator tools hand diggers, the model 85 and the Raptor hand diggers are great hand diggers, I also picked up Predator tools Lady Bug shovel for digging in manicured lawns, and because its a little more compact
Im gonna be eating Ramen Noodles for the next few months because of you. 😂 Stop helping me find cool things to buy! Lol people see my detector collection and think Im rich. It’s like noooo I just make poor financial decisions 😉

Im gonna be eating Ramen Noodles for the next few months because of you. 😂 Stop helping me find cool things to buy! Lol people see my detector collection and think Im rich. It’s like noooo I just make poor financial decisions 😉
Well Sorry LOL I learned a long time ago purchase once cry once, I tried that cheap tools once and decided rite then an there purchase the best you can afford and not worry about it any more so that is what I do

Brother I got notified you started following me NOOOOOOOO don't follow me or you will really be in the Dog House or out house LOL

As I said in an earlier reply I am spending mine and my wife's kids inheritances one detector at a time, i do still purchase nice things for my wife also so I do not end up eating Ramen noodles
(OH wait I am the one that does the cooking so do not have to worry about that LOL), or in the Dog house or out house, it works both ways with me I treat myself and my wife

Also as I stated I refuse to leave anything to our kids because they only care about one thing and that is how friken much money they will receive when me and my wife are dead and gone so what will they get in the end my wife and I both have it in our wills they will each get $1 when we are gone and as for our belongings like detectors or other things they will go to a cause that gets them into the hands of the Veterans cause that Terry Solomon has going or some other worthy cause, when I am done there will be nothing left for my kids or my wife's kids to fight over, and that's the bottom line and that's my story and I am sticking to it