Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappointed !

sharkbait

I purchased an ATX about 6 months ago. So far I've been totally disappointed with its overall performance. Especially at the beach. Thinking about selling it and buying something else.

Yes there are many reasons one might be "disappointed" with the ATX, but I don't think it's performance as to detecting and alerting to a metal object is one of them. Please explain your reason for disappointment. There might be a real problem which would require a repair with your unit or maybe a simple adjustment might raise your level of satisfaction with the ATX.

I use pi units exclusively. The atx is by far the deepest machine I've used... also the heaviest. There is no comparison between my tdi sl and the atx depth wise. Just not even close. But on the other side of the coin the atx is like dragging around your desktop computer. The harness is a joke, unless you enjoy a strap stuck up in your armpit

I'm not getting the depth I expected. Also it falses constantly in the water. I put the deepseeker coil on and it seemed completely unstable on the beach. I set the sensitivity and then the disc it wont hold the first setting. maybe its me. Totally wish I hadn't paid this kind of money for this machine.

I do not know what your depth expectation is, but I have no complaints. I am digging deeper targets than I did with my Infinium or Whites SurfMaster.

I do not have a DeepSeeker coil to compare to the stock. I find falsing in SALT water of less than 3 feet of depth. I reduce the sensitivity works well for me. I believe the falsing is caused by the salt water wave action less than 3 feet above the coil and the varying distance between the coil and the sea bottom. Also the change in swing direction can cause a false signal especially if you are detecting parallel with the beach. All has to do to the sensitivity of the ATX.

The weight is a big issue which I overcome with the Minelab ProSwing 45. Not perfect, but sure help out the water. In the water, no problem.

A call to Garrett might be of help. They have been very helpful in questions I have had and in repairs. Great team of people there.

Not sure why it falses constantly, unless you are hunting with a lot of wave action. If I crank mine up to full sensitivity and really crank up my threshold, it will false easily, especially if I stop a swing suddenly, the water turbulence will make it false. At least I know it is real sensitive when it happens. Try turn down your sensitivity and/or threshold. I also found out that after about ten minutes in the water, I have to retune the ATX, probably due to the temperature change causing the wire loos in the coil to shrink or expand. Once this is done, it usually runs great. When retuning the coil, make sure you bob the coil up and down for at least 30 seconds to get a proper balance. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Ok. Thanks John. For some reason I cant get it to hold the settings. If I set the disc on one number and the sens on another it only holds one of the settings? Reverting them both back to the same number? Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

I want one, for the expense is very steep. I was looking at the site of lost treasuries and I think I could use a machine that reads deeper than the AT Gold and Pro. That machine certainly will. I need to find one on the "must sell" list

Send the unit in, Garret's will find the problem and fix it.
If it was a used unit and not covered under warranty the repair is usually a minimal cost.
Remember to send the coil to