Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disc Level from one to zero - F70

fjs440

I am still new to the F70, but I am getting more and more impressed with it (thanks to this forum.) This is definitely a super great detector. Using it it is a lot of fun.

What is surprised me yesterday was when the Disc is changed from one to zero. Wham --- I am hit in the side of the head with the noise. It makes me jump to cut down Sensitivity and Threshold and ask, "What is happening?"

Drop one more and I get Autotune, which seems to react to everything and seems to be a lot quieter. It's like, "Relics, here I come. Everything is fair game."

Is there any "use" for Disc to be zero, except to generate a lot of noise? If there are uses, I want to know. Right now, it sounds like a psychopath on the loose.

Thank you all for your comments. You have done a great job easing me into my using the F70. At times, I sort of feel bad for the person selling the F70 to me for half of what he paid for it. He obviously gave up on a good thing.

Please forgive any errors on my post. I had an old fraternity brother from many years ago (57 years) call me this morning and we played 18 holes and hit the 19th green pretty hard. Life is good, ignoring our scores !!!!! Life is wonderful at 79, ignoring a few goods and bads.

Just mentioned this in a post I had the other day about hunting in monotone.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2282221

Same thing happens to me, big noise on 0 disc, would rather hunt in all metal, 1 or anything else.
I don't seem to gain depth or anything else on 0 except a headache so that is one setting I don't think I will ever use.

Disc at zero will theoretically get you a bit more depth as well as a bit more ID accuracy at depth while in Disc mode, which a lot of coin hunters prefer I believe due to the tone options. Of course, it opens you up to the EMI audio and numbers flashing across the VDI when it's present quite often - as you've seen - which can be pretty counter-productive when trying to find a target or on deciding to dig it. Some can handle it, but with my F70 I always had to resort to upping Disc or lowering Thresh or Sens as you did or I would accomplish very little. :)

Glad you got to get out and enjoy some time on the course with an old buddy!