Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disc-notch ????

Hobo lobo

I dont know if running high disc. has any effect on depth, but I suspect it does, if so would using notch to the same value have the same effect?

Disc will hurt depth and sensitivity to smaller items - if you use Disc and Notch together don't "double discriminate" areas on the lower end of the VDI range...there's no need for it.

You can use Disc = 10 in a stock program, but if you want to notch, start your N1 out at 11 instead of 0

Or, for a tad more depth and sensitivity, use Disc = 2.0 and then start N1 at 0 to whatever upper range you want.

I have a "4K silver" program that's basically Deus Fast in 4 kHZ with Disc set at 2.0 instead of 10. I notch 00-72 and although I realize that I'm missing loads of targets, in a high-EMI area it runs very quiet and stable. Can hit a dime at 7" in Reactivity = 3 which is fine for a lot of places. I haven't tried to set Disc = 72 but I would imagine that 4-5" would be max depth for a dime considering the difference I get with Disc = 2.0 vs Disc = 10

Maybe another video is needed :razz:

If you run Disc = 0 you will of course get the max depth but at the cost of some iron rejection, according to Andy's book. Depends on the site, but usually a small amount of Disc like 2-4 will be enough for the software to do its thing. I would hate to get a nice sounding whisper signal, only to dig down 18" for a rusty can (unless it's full of half eagles lol)

Thanx for the advice, been detecting for over 50 yrs., but the Deus is new to me, also can you tell me how to access the xyz program?

One other thing I've learned recently is that having some disc (and in fact, perhaps bumping it up to 5 or 6 rather than 2 lots of us have been using0 is that it helps reduce some of the iron wraparound we experience. In my case, it does seem to help. And does so with very little depth degradation at that low of a level (allegedly -- I haven't done any testing on the difference).

Rich

Notch doesn't steal depth from you like Discrimination will. I use very little discrimination and mostly notch.

Hobo lobo said:
Thanx for the advice, been detecting for over 50 yrs., but the Deus is new to me, also can you tell me how to access the xyz program?

Press options, scroll to configuration, then press the "+" button and the pinpoint button at the same time and quickly release. You will now have "Advanced" in your screen. Scroll to and enter on "Advanced" and you'll be able to go from there. You won't have to do the same thing every time you need the XY graph...until you turn off the remote. Once you turn off the remote, you have to do it all over again. HH!