Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disc'ing out 1-35 and down in TTF?

Ohio Digger

I was running TTF with stock coil yesterday and kept getting a high tone. It seemed I was seeing a lot of 1-25 to 1-35. Is it a bad idea to discriminate from 1-35 down in TTF? I assume maybe all the high tones I was getting was due to iron wrap around?? I'm trying to not look at the numbers and just the sounds but in TTF its kind of tough when its only high or low tone. Then mix in all the 1-25 to 1-35 high tones and it gets pretty frustrating.

That 1-25 to 1-35 is just iron, probably old rusted nails with slim, sharp tips or square heads. They present like silver halves on the TID due to those sharp edges producing eddies. It presents as non-repeatable chirps in amongst the Low Tones.

So, in TTF or 4TF you'll get a High Tone, unless you DISC it out. I would recommend DISCing the 1-2Fe line out when in iron fields. It will save you a lot of headaches. You might miss a silver coin - so, when hunting an old site that might cough up silver coins - then tailor it back to 01Fe or open up a portion of the area to let silver in.

I found a lot of Indians and a bunch silver dimes (little higher conductive no.) with those IDs using TTF open mask all 11 to 13 inches deep.
The key whether to dig or not those IDs depends on the depth indicator reading.

If those strange IDs show up, are two way 90 deg. repeatable AND the depth indicator is bottomed out or close to it....DIG.

Based on some experimenting i did, a (jumpy) 1-30 to 50 ID can be an indication the eTRAC is at the threshold of detection yet still trying ot indicate something of value might be down there. I dig everything no matter the ID when the depth indicator is near or bottomed out.
Sometimes they're corroded nails and sometimes its deep silver.