Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discovery 3000

Just bought one of these on ebay (Land Star) and so far it has impressed me. I have a White's 5900 Di Pro SL and I have used it in my back yard several times.

When we got the Bounty Hunter this afternoon, my daughter and I started with it in the back yard a little while ago and dug up over $.70 in a half hour. The 2nd or 3rd target was a Kennedy half dollar!

I bought the BH for my 8-year-old daughter but we might end up fighting over it!

I need to read up a little bit on how this notch and auto-notch works. So far the Radio Shack online manual is not very clear. Anybody got any good advice on that?

Scott

I was just checking out Bounty Hunter's website and it looks like the Discovery 3000 is somewhere between a Sharp Shooter 2 and a Land Star. I previously had thought it was identical to the Land Star, but it does not have the depth indicator...

hey there. the landstar has a ground balance. i don't think the 3000 does, it has a volume knob instead. the radio shack version of landstar is 3015. you should be able to go to www.detecting.com and see the manuals of sharpshooter and landstar to get an idea of how the notch and auto notch works. happy hunting to you. Tim