Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discovery 3300 Vs. Fisher F4

kydigger

I have a Discovery 3300. I notice that the control panel and screen of the Fisher F4 is almost identical to the Discovery 3300, just a little prettier.

What seperates the 2 detectors other than price?

The Discovery 3300 has a PP mode doesn't it? I believe that functionally that is the major difference between it and the Discovery 2200. there are other cosmetic differences and the number of IDs. Isn't that so?

Mark
Elite 2200
Pioneer 505
WA St.

I wish someone would post pictures of their circuit boards. There seems to be a big difference in price of the four very similar models:

Discovery 3300 $210
Legend 3300 $250
Fisher F4 $399
Titan 3000XD $460

After studying the manuals for all four, and the side by side comparison on K-Co, I still can't see a significant difference (other than the coils that comes with the F4).

Frank

If your nachine is in warranty not a good idea to open it up. I found out the expensive way.

Man, talk about answering my question!!
Looks like if I decide to upgrade later on, it won't be to the F4. There's not enough difference in it and my $95 Discovery 3300. I do think, for now, i'll order the 4" and 10" coils for my Discovery. That should hold me for a while.
Thanks
Ron R.

I sorta agree with ya kydigger. My Discovery 3300 should be in tomorrow and I haven't said anything about it around my LandStar:unsure:. I wanted to try the ID numbering. I've read allot of good reports on the 3300. This is a small good step up. Next one will break the bank, but I'm sticking with First Texas products.

I have seen that comparison in several places on the web. The part about recovery speed was the only bit of information that I thought important. The rest seems cosmetic/superficial.

This is the response I got from First Texas:

Thank you for contacting Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors.

Both the Legacy 3300 and the Discovery 3300 are current Bounty Hunter models. Both have a 5-yr warranty, and we will continue to service them for years after that.

The two detectors have similar performance but the Legacy is only sold to certain retailers.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,

Susanne Crosby

Commercial Services Manager

First Texas Products LLC

1465-H Henry Brennan

El Paso, TX 79936

Phone: 915-633-8354 x 144

Fax: 915-633-8175

Email: scrosby@frsttx.com

Jcullus said:
Both have a 5-yr warranty, and we will continue to service them for years after that.
I[/color]

Wait a darned minute. The following quote is from the BH website:
" We do not service models beyond the normal 5 year warranty. For non-warranty repairs we recommend:

Keith Wells
East Texas Metal Detectors
1495 FM 49
Gilmer, Texas 75644
Phone: (903) 843-5555
Fax: (903) 843-3886
kwills@worldnet.att.net "

Which is it? Will BH service MD past the five year warranty or not?

Mark

mwaynebennett said:
Jcullus said:
Both have a 5-yr warranty, and we will continue to service them for years after that.
I[/color]

Wait a darned minute. The following quote is from the BH website:
" We do not service models beyond the normal 5 year warranty. For non-warranty repairs we recommend:

Keith Wells
East Texas Metal Detectors
1495 FM 49
Gilmer, Texas 75644
Phone: (903) 843-5555
Fax: (903) 843-3886
kwills@worldnet.att.net "

Which is it? Will BH service MD past the five year warranty or not?

Mark

Got a link for that info ??

Ah, stiffed then if F.T.P are not going to service / repair your metal detector after 5 years, you have to send it to a 3rd party repair center, but then you as the customer has to prove that the item in question is not beyond the 5 year warranty.

Hmm ! That's strange, I did not get a warranty card in the box with my metal detector to send of to F.T.P / Bounty Hunter, good job I've still got the sales receipt.

BTW ....... Brokendetector.com

Customer service is a big selling point for me when buying a detector.
Your Bounty Hunter won't be repaired on warranty after five years, But Whites
Electronics WILL repair their machines, and many for time free.
It is their way of holdng on to their customers. Garrett has also been
known for excellent service. Unfortunately, if you don't like Garrett or Whites machines then
I guess it makes no difference.

I don't know how long you have been wwith brand but if it's been awhile you might
like to brance out and see what the other guy has. The BH 3300 isn't a bad machine, I'm
told, and the F-4 is also good. The F-2 has had many good reports, except for remarks about
it being flemsy. Lots of happy campers out there with the F-2.

Katz

Local MD club ready for the hunt!

Warranty is important. The only company with a great one is Tesoro.Lifetime. Even if you aren't the original owner. Guess they have more pride in their work than the others.When you buy a new detector leave it on long enough to run down one set of batteries and shake it during this time. Maybe even bump it a little. Better something go wrong now and not when you are in the woods.

For all of the features on the bounty hunter line, even if your detector breaks after the 5-year warranty is up, you can afford to go out and buy another one, and still save money over purchasing one of the more expensive brands. I'll agree, the others make great detectors, but for the money, it's hard to beat the bounty hunter line. I own 5 of them now, and have purchased a Garrett Ace 250 just for something different... after a week, I traded it for another bounty hunter. I have used several of the Tesoros, and they are really good machines, but in 10 years, if you are still strong in the sport and have a problem, wouldn't you prefer to buy an up to date unit, rather than having your old one fixed? Just my thoughts on the subject.

Some 10 year old tesoro machines are as good as any bounty hunter made today.Been in this hobby for 40 years and used every brand and not for just a few weeks. One of the best coin machines ever made is a Teknetics Mark I. Over 20 years old and I will put mine up aginst all your bounty hunters in a coin shoot out. Just my old opinion. Oh by the way the next models of bouny hunter just may have Fisher or Teknetics boards in them and look like one. Already happening.

Yea warranty IS a big issue too. Whites fixed my MXT even though I
wasn't the original owner. I've heard the same thing about Tesoro as well.
Seems like most everyone is bending over backward to keep their customers.
Katz