Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discovery

A

Anonymous

Just a little trivia to pass on to any that are interested, as I believe were all interested in learning about new developments in detector

You hit it on the head Mr. Bill. There is no hype concerning the Treasure Barons and their performance. From 1990 until early last year I bought and sold used detectors as a sideline, and as a result got to try at least one of most of the top end and mid range detectors made from the mid 1980's through 2003. In 1998 or 99 I had a Cointrax Baron offered to me at what I considered a bargain and bought it just to resell. I had read a little about them, and saw a couple of small ads in the treasure mags, but hadn't seen one or even see anyone talking about them on the forums. I never once considered buying it to keep, but like all the detectors I traded for or bought I tried it out and was amazed at the depth and ID at depth it had. I've still got that Baron, only it now has the Cointrax II chip installed, and two more. I built, hosted and maintained the Baron page before George got involved on the internet. I still host and maintain it and like you, I recieve no compensation and am not connected in any way with Discovery.
The Cointrax with the new chip isn't the easiest detector to use, but for those who are willing to spend the time to learn how to use it it's pretty awesome. You're right about the depth, with the 5.5 inch coil it can match or beat the depth of many of the top end models with their 8, 9.5 or 10 inch standard coils in our mild ground, and that's not hype either. The interchangable module concept was a great idea, couple that with the level of performance and it should have been a big seller. Too bad not many ever tried them.
JB

Hi JB
With all the hype going on with all the new detectors that just hit the market, I just thought it would be refreshing for some to learn about a older unit that is not readily available. On top of it all, it can run with the best of them without being embarrassed. In my soil it