Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination: ED-120 vs ED-180

mrwilburino

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? I know that the Golden has ED-120 discrimination, and the Compadre and Cibola have 180. Are there any advantages to having one over the other?

I was wondering the same thing today as well. How odd is that. I just traded for a Golden

ED180 has a wider range of adjustment on the discrimination setting than the ED120. Mostly on the lower end; it will get close to all metal when set at minimum. The Compadre gets essentially to all metal, but the Cibola set at minimum discrimination still knocks out very small iron an just clicks on small nails, where as the Compadre will beep when set at minimum discrimination on things the Cibola will just click on or ignore. A detector with ED120 when set at minimum will reject a little larger iron pieces than the Cibola does when set on minimum.

Use the search tool and read some of the posts by Monte on the discriminators that he has posted in this forum. His posts represent a very good education on the topic.
Cheers,
tvr

Yeah, Monte's got the best articles. You would think that all ED-180's are the same but they're not. Not only is the discrimination level important, but also the design of the circuit itself. His articles are the reason I got the Compadre-along with other posters who owned one. It's hard to believe that in a negative mineral environment that the Compadre will pick up a penny a couple of inches and the Vaquero will not. I proved it myself last week, finding a small gold chain that NONE of my other detectors would pick up. I did rub it on the coil of my Silver umax in a/m mode and finally got a scratchy signal. With the Compadre I found it with just enough discrimination to blank out paper clips and small nails. Today I found a small stick pin that the other detectors could not pick up except in a/m mode. My silver umax is ED-120 and is just fine for coin shooting and the average gold ring. The only drawback that I can see is that you will also find the tiniest pieces of foil, etc, but listening to the size of the response can help.

Click on Search at the top of the screen and type in Monte.

n/t

ed 120 and ed 180 is tesoro language:I e-mailed teknetics about t2 and its discriminate asking if it was 120 or 180(knowing my compadre was 180)

boy was that a mistake sent me a e-mail back that there was no such nomenclature? I had 2 look that word up still didn't get a clear answer, anybody know what t2 uses and maybe b.h. pioneer 505? 505 runs at 7kHz compadre at 12kHz t2 at 13 . The t2 uses both sampled and continuous processing.signed huntnpeck: dont know how that space got in the middle thats a tribute 2 monte thanks monte!!! kinda like between my ears?